Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad handeling

Just got myself a 3.0l 2011 patrol.
    When im driving it however it feels nervous. I thought it would maybe be shocks. So took them out of my car. They still feel good. They get harder the more you move them and are not leaking.
    The car has i think its a 3” lift, would that maybe be part of the problem?
    Or maybe it needs wheel allignment?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, Lack of Caster Correction for sure. They get very skittish (oversteer) when they have been lifted and no Caster Correction has been added. A 3" lift you should fit Drop Boxes for sure. The only way to adjust the caster is a replacement offset Caster Bush in the front control arms (Crap) or Drop Boxes or replacement arms. Drop Boxes wins. Drop Boxes are no good for under 3" lift though.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill have to have a look, the previous owner had alot of upgrades put in. He might have done something in that area as well.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye i dont think it has drop boxes. Maybe it has got those replacement arms or offset bushes. Any way i can tell if it has?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louk View Post
    Ye i dont think it has drop boxes. Maybe it has got those replacement arms or offset bushes. Any way i can tell if it has?
    Yes take a couple of photos of the front radius arms. it will be very obvious if they are not stock. If they are stock then have a look at the front bushes and see if they are black rubber of a colour Nylothane rubbish. They may even be a black rubber offset. Look at the bolt going through. is it centred? this is where teh offset would be. 100% this is your trouble.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye it looks all stock to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Because you are new to the Car take it in for a wheel alignment... I agree with Mudrunner in that it is almost definitely Castor but a wheel alignment will give you a starting point on what is right, what is wrong and what needs to be done.

The Patrol front end is notorious for having to be set up correctly, once it is then it is rock solid but if anything is "out" then they can be a total pain in the rrse to drive
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye when i got time im gonna take it in to the local tire bloke and get him to allign it and let him have a look.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you ever get it sorted? I've just had mine fixed and handles like a dream