Thread: Remap issues?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remap issues?

Hey I have a 2010 zd30 ute and when I first got the car about a year ago I got a basic remap done on it so I could get the EGR shut off. When I first got the car back it came back with a issue when it got to about 90km it would just lose all acceleration power for a split second and then kick back in now I took it back to the shop and they found the issue and fixed it. Recently I've noticed it has started doing this again but just before I change 2nd and 3rd gear. The car recently got major service by a mechanic who has worked on patrols for 7+ years and he couldn't find any major issues with it. I don't know to much about remaps but before I go spend big money to fix it I thought I'd see if anyone on here has had the same issue or knows what it might be?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,288 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When it loses power, if you hold the acc pedal down does the power come back by itself, or do you need to lift the foot off the acc pedal then back on again?
    Im going to point it at limp mode. an over boost protection thingo that Nissan thought it was wise to implement. But all it does is create headaches. Now your EGR is shut off the motor will be making extra boost pressure, not a lot but just enough to piss the ECU off and then it will chuck a wobbly and send the motor into limp mode.

There is ways around this. Converting the boost control from auto to full manual setup, or getting another remap to turn off limp mode.
    Last edited by mudski; 19th March 2020 at 04:58 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea the power comes back if I just keep it on the accelerator

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,288 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmm, still seems like limp mode to me. Get a scan gauge onto it. It should come up with a fault code.