OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: What is a H bracket on a Gq sway bar set up ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is a H bracket on a Gq sway bar set up ?

Ok I can not seem to find a clear answer to what is a H bracket on the sway bar set up on a Gq, I am getting a superfex sway bar and they want to know the measurement off the sway bar mount spacing including the H bracket if it is 70 mm or 85 mm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm. I thought that "H" bracket was an aftermarket spacer that bolts to the radius arm to space the swaybar down.

What exactly are they asking? The distance from the swaybar link to the centerline of the radius arm mount, ( factory swaybar arm length)?

Maybe you should call and clarify exactly what they need.

What ended up happening with your front springs
    Last edited by Ben-e-boy; 15th March 2020 at 12:38 PM.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

First Pooy (19th March 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the bolt spacing on the bottom of the radius arm for the sway bar mount the 'H' bracket bolts to their radius arm then the sway bar mount bolts to the 'H' bracket.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherro For This Useful Post:

First Pooy (19th March 2020)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    Ok I can not seem to find a clear answer to what is a H bracket on the sway bar set up on a Gq, I am getting a superfex sway bar and they want to know the measurement off the sway bar mount spacing including the H bracket if it is 70 mm or 85 mm
    Nice can of worms you have got there, the H bracket you are talking about is sold by Superior because they only supply a certain number of different length dropper arms. I also brought a Superflex kit for Front and Rear, Rear was perfect fitted without a problem Front was a nightmare see photo's

Swaybar 000.jpg

as you can see the length is way too long, now the next problem will show it self

Swaybar 003.jpg

when you bolt it up you can see the distance between the Arm and the Swaybar mount this is why they made a H bracket.

BTW I have a 3" Drop Arm's.

I fixed mine by having the dropper arms shortened to suit my vehicle. Now the next Problem will raise its ugly head

Passager Side 01.jpg

as you can see my drop arm was leaned back, if you know anything about the way a swaybar works you will say this wont work "you will be right" for the
    bar to work it has to be vertical to the bar. I had only two options re-drill the holes in the Arms or re-drill the holes in the body mount, was easier to do the later than the arms.

I hope this helps.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gutsquisher Media For This Useful Post:

Ben-e-boy (17th March 2020), First Pooy (19th March 2020)