OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: ZD30 ... 2.75" vs 3" ... which do you rate?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZD30 ... 2.75" vs 3" ... which do you rate?

I find these days I'm just not getting enough sleep at night, drinking too much, always crabby, workin too hard and not being paid enough.

I'm pretty sure a new exhaust is the answer to all my problems. Pretty sure that will sort me out, although my trouble is I'm torn between a beaudesert 2.75" and a redback 3"

Price difference aside, which one do you rate and why?
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't comment on the red back as i never had one, nor any other brand for that matter. Some might say it's just a shaped piece of pipe, what can go wrong with it ... So, I don't know.

But can highly vouch on the Beaudesert systems. Had one on my navara, then on the Patrol 3L crd and now on the 4.2. Great fitment on all of them.
    I had the 2.75 on the CRD and it's done it's job just fine.
    2005 TD42TI

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ZD30 ... 2.75" vs 3" ... which do you rate?

I had a Redback on my Zd and now on my TD. The main differences between brands is type of steel used. Some will be just mild steel, some will be aluminised steel and some stainless steel. Mild steel is the cheapest, and stainless being the dearest. Other differences will be quality of the muffler and Catalytic converter used. Cheap systems will just run a cheap cat, kinda pointless on a bigger pipe, hi flow is what you want. The last factor that many dont look at is the flanges. Some use a two bolt system, some three and some four. The more bolts the better the joins will seal.
    As for size, my Direct injection ZD had 3inch. Some say 2.75 for the CRD. I think that’s bollocks personally. There’s litterally no difference between a Di and CRD motor that requires a smaller exhaust by 1/4 of an inch. I would put money of the table that if a dyno run was done on either motor with each size pipe the results would be negligible. Or zero. The idea of the 2 3/4 inch system was created by Beaudesert themselves years ago, I believe purely as a marketing ploy for their pipes. Which seems to have worked in some way.
    My job is in filtration and exhaust. I sell the raw materials to exhaust shops, albeit mostly for engines much larger than a Patrol itself, but I do sell a bit to this industry, so I’ve seen a bit.

So. There’s my take on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mudski; 15th March 2020 at 09:11 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (15th March 2020)