Thread: RD28 mechanical injection pump question, need help please

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RD28 mechanical injection pump question, need help please

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.
    I need help from anyone who knows there way around the mechanical boos compensated pump from a GQ RD28 turbo.
    I converted my RD28GU to the mechanical pump around 10k ago and was the best mod i have done truck so far.
    The problem i am having is around the idle RPM and a flat spot that has developed just off idle that makes it hard to take off.
    the idle rpm also seems to very when you come to a stop. sometimes it will come back to the 800rpm that i originally set the pump up with, sometimes it will come down to 500rpm, sometimes it will it will sit on 1200rpm and slowly drop to 800 over around 5 seconds.
    the only part of the pump that i have played with is the leavers on the side and this is my main question is what exactly is there function and hen do they come into play? i know the very bottom one advances the injection timing inside the pump and the other two just seem to be a bell crank that acts on the bottom leaver. Moving the bottom leaver seems to make no difference on the idle rpm problem.
    i rebuilt the pump when i first got it so i have a good idea of the inner workings but i cant figure out what or when the external advance leaver comes into play.
    I have attached photos so you can see the leaver im referring to.IMG_20200305_192241.jpgIMG_20200305_192252.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement