OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: LS V Barra, part of the question......

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LS V Barra, part of the question......

OK guys, I'm asking for a bit of help, and a bit of guidance from you guys, especially those that have done it.

I have a 2003 GU III wagon currently with a ZD30 Di and a 5 speed. If I cant sort out it's lack of running issues, i'll be doing an engine conversion on it.

Question is, which way to go???? Do I go the LS route, or do I go for the all killing Barra turbo????
    Will be doing 95% of the work myself, but want to keep it 5 speed, but looking for the most simple and straight forward conversion.

For those who have done it, was there any pitfalls while doing it, things to consider, advice you could share??????

Cheers,
    Rob.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never gone through with a conversion but I've done plenty of research. I think choice of engine would be preference really, both would have their pros and cons.

What I have worked out for sure is that it costs a lot of money.. Price everything up then allow 50% for all the things you didn't think about/didn't know you were going to need. I think you'd be lucky to get through any conversion, done properly, for under 20k..
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate go the ls3,mine just done 3000kms all up cost was 36,000 which included new motor.All marks adapters stuff,big clutch ceramic stainless headers etc.Drives like a baby around town,highway cruising great,floor it goes up to 6500rpm and keeps going.