Thread: Turbosmart IWG75 versus (obsolete) Vacuum boost solenoid

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turbosmart IWG75 versus (obsolete) Vacuum boost solenoid

I had a Turbosmart IWG75 turbo actuator installed last week (edit) on my 2007 di (non CRD) GU
    As most of you know this one is pressure controlled not vacuum (I did not know that)

The old vacuum line (with the green damper) from the old waste gate actuator to the vacuum boost solenoid has been removed and there is now a plug on the nipple of the solenoid (position red cross). The line from the solenoid toward the intercooler area is still there.

Solenoid.jpg

Issue now is that the solenoid makes a rattling noise when engine is running and when I switch off the engine it makes a noise like it creates a vacuum or like a valve is closed electronically.
    Never heard those kind of sounds with the 'old' oem setup
    From the sound of it it will soon break down

Is there something I have missed?
    Last edited by Jerry; 28th February 2020 at 08:44 AM. Reason: adding year and engine type

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,318 Times in 6,442 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The line left to the solenoid is the vacuum supply line. If you have 2001 or earlier this line will go to an vacuum can under the intercooler. remove the lot including the can and block the supply line off. you dont require it anymore. The solenoid is pretty much a magnet that slides in a tube and blocks, or opens ports when current is supplied. So the noise will be this i would think as now there is no pressure differences happening inside this solenoid so the magnet just rattles away. I would remove the whole lot, solenoid included.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Jerry (28th February 2020)