Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    I will double check again but they sent me a constant rate spring of 50 kg to 100 kg and I have a steel winch bar with a winch on it I have not gotten around to putting the spoties on yet, the first time I got my front springs from superior they were for a Landcruiser not even the right brand.
    Something very wrong with this info. You cannot have a constant spring rate with 2 values. Second, if it does have 2 values, its a variable spring design. Without a spring diameter given. your coils look very heavy. Superior have sold you a matched set-up, so if it isn't what they defined, send it back. The coil length simply looks like a coil for a different vehicle. This happened to me when the coils were swapped out by the engine conversion guys in WA. I ended up checking the part number and they were for a Pajero of all things - to this day there is no explanation as to how this happened, however the supplier paid for the new coils.

For comparison, and bear in mind my vehicle is a lot different to your, but a 70kg constant rate 40mm nominal lift coil had mine looking like a magna. I punched a hole thru the sump the ride was so mis-matched. I took it to a well known supplier and they spent 2 hrs swapping coils out to get the right height and compression rate. I ended up with 110kg constant rate coils, nominally 75mm in the front. The rears are 400kg constant rate 75mm lift with boss airbags - this combo works for my vehicle.

My advice is simply to state the obvious to the supplier and get them to sort it out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12