Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Safari RPM issues

Hi,

I have a 91 LWB Safari 24v Kingsroad i have owned it for 6 months and the RPM gauge has not been working since i bought it

It was a auto but someone had done a manual conversion (had no idea), the ECU was unplugged in the passenger foot well. I have tried plugging it back in but no joy.

There are 2 wires (yellow white, yellow blue) coming from the sender which show about 0.3v ac when idle and goes up to 0.5vac when pressing the throttle.

These both go to the ecu and one comes out (yellow black) and goes to the back of the dash.

I have attached a photo, there is a wire missing from the connector, looks like these a wear mark where the missing wire should be but have undone the tape on the loom and cant find and loose/cut wires.

Has any one got a photo of the safari dash cluster? or know where this other feed should come from?

Are the auto vs manual clusters different? can I bring the 2 wire from the sender directly to the cluster?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards Leroy

Untitled1.jpgUntitled.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The issue could be at the sender on the block. I have recently replaced mine after the tacho misbehave for an extended period.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine goes crazy too. Was working, not now. It's jumps around but usually buried. Seems to come back for a bit cruising around 80kms. Haven't figured it yet.