Hi all,

Ive got a 91 LWB Safari Kingsroad. I have had it for about 6 months when i got it it had a leak between the front plate and the block so ended up striping everything and replacing all the seals that i could find. I also bolted on a TD05, custom airbox, modified intake, 4" snorkel.
I replaced the water pump, thermostat 82 deg and rad cap (all genuine) flushed the radiator and also added a water feed from the top of the thermostat housing to one of the welsh plugs on the back of the head (https://trundlesautomotive.co.nz/pro...0afa97b3&_ss=r)

No my problem is it still creeps up in temp when climbing a decent hill most I've had is 105 deg where i stopped and let it cool down, etg's don't go above 450 deg post turbo (14 psi and about 1/2 turn on fuel screw).

Normal highway driving it sits at about 80 degrees but it fluctuates from 70 - 90, is that normal or should it just site around 80?

The thing i don't understand is that after reaching the top of a hill and start going down the other side temps drop pretty quick but they drop down to 60 on a long down hill.

Also i switched out the thermostat for a modified one, longer to stop the recirculation of coolant thru the engine.

What should i look at next? new rad?

Regards Leroy
20200219_200748.jpg