User Tag List

Thread: turbo timer install

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

turbo timer install

g'day people, i recently purchased a turbo timer for my 2008 model gu and was going to have my auto elec install it for me however he does this a lot cheaper if i take all the covers off that way he only has to wire it in then i put it back together. my problem is that i have found the bottom cover of the steering column won't come off without dismantling the ignition, please help if you know how to go about this with the minimum of headache as i really want this as painless as possible....cheers....
    Last edited by patch697; 24th June 2011 at 12:58 PM.
    2008 GU 2" LIFT, GME UHF BLACK KING WHEELS, SAFARI SNORKEL, LIGHTFORCE 240' KAYMAR DUAL WHEEL CARRIER STEINBAUER POWER, beaudesert 2 3/4 system, runva 11,000 comp winch.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im sure some one will have an answer for you soonly mate sorry i cant help GQ owner

1989 GQ LPG / PET TB42 LWB WAGON 4'LIFT 33's
    WELCOME TO THE MUD PITT WE DRIVE NISSAN PATROLS
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks man, i had a great GQ it had a 6" lift injected v8 thing done wheel stands unfortunately had to sell because i was out of work and couldn't run the thing, cheers.....
    2008 GU 2" LIFT, GME UHF BLACK KING WHEELS, SAFARI SNORKEL, LIGHTFORCE 240' KAYMAR DUAL WHEEL CARRIER STEINBAUER POWER, beaudesert 2 3/4 system, runva 11,000 comp winch.....

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry mate I can't help an I've never done it before but when you find out let us all know for future reference. Cheers

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grimace View Post
    g'day people, i recently purchased a turbo timer for my 2008 model gu and was going to have my auto elec install it for me however he does this a lot cheaper if i take all the covers off that way he only has to wire it in then i put it back together. my problem is that i have found the bottom cover of the steering column won't come off without dismantling the ignition, please help if you know how to go about this with the minimum of headache as i really want this as painless as possible....cheers....
    mine comes off with minimun of fuss three screws i think ,and it falls off
    are you trying to take the cover off on a angle or straight down ????
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will do champ, cheers....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    g'day nisspat, when you take the screws out (3) you drop the steering column down then unclip the top section after that there is a cover over the key reader take that off and then (and here is where i was going wrong) there is another dress cover around the ignition take that off also and then dat da daaa the bottom will come off with minimum force as it also clips around the steering column and thats it, cheers......