Thread: GU patrol st wagon 4.2 litre turbo diesel

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU patrol st wagon 4.2 litre turbo diesel

Hello can anyone tell me litres the sub tank and main tank holds in the GU 4.2 ltr patrol wagon turbo diesel.????????????

Also what fuel economy would i expect get from the GU 4.2 litre turbo diesel wagon im a moderate driver.???????????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Main tank holds 90 litres and the Sub tank holds 30. As for the economy, I can't really help you there as I suffer from a heavy right boot.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    95l main and 30l sub. I get about 14l per 100k but mine is far from standard so I wouldn't be using it as a comparison. Sandard probably closer to 11l
    4.2 litres of forced induction magic

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, mine gets around 11 and is pretty stock.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm.. maybe I over calculated my 2.8's economy. Now im just depressed that mine is bad lol.
    In fairness, it's probably changed now. The figures I tool is when I was driving 40km's to work through the hills. Kind of stuff the economy up going up and down hills all week.

Now im only driving 7km's to work a day.. a tank seems to last for a month!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GU89 View Post
    95l main and 30l sub. I get about 14l per 100k but mine is far from standard so I wouldn't be using it as a comparison. Sandard probably closer to 11l
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpy View Post
    Yep, mine gets around 11 and is pretty stock.
    Wow guys!! so your getting somewhere around 850kms to 1100kms out of a main and sub tank?? suggesting using 120lts before filling?

Is that right?

Wow i am getting consistently just over 700kms for the 2 tanks making me around the 17lts per 100kms and pretty heavy by comparison.

That is in a GU IV TD42Ti with 120,000kms on the clock... Damn! i have got to get mine on a Dyno and see if i can sort it out a bit.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Wow guys!! so your getting somewhere around 850kms to 1100kms out of a main and sub tank?? suggesting using 120lts before filling?

Is that right?

Wow i am getting consistently just over 700kms for the 2 tanks making me around the 17lts per 100kms and pretty heavy by comparison.

That is in a GU IV TD42Ti with 120,000kms on the clock... Damn! i have got to get mine on a Dyno and see if i can sort it out a bit.
    I'm pretty sure mine's a 90lt mains and 75lt sub. I've worked out fuel consumption once, and with the pod on the back of my ute, 1 got 16lts/100k. I know it costs more than $200 to fill both tanks from near empty. Where I am, diesel is about $1.40/lt atm.

I read somewhere it's best to get three fuel consumption readings and go by the average of the 3. Don't know how true this is.

Ross
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    I read somewhere it's best to get three fuel consumption readings and go by the average of the 3. Don't know how true this is.

Ross
    x2 I pretty sure it suggests to use this method in the hand book (I think) to calibrated the fuel usage meter.

Cheers
    Paul

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reddeer04 View Post
    Hello can anyone tell me litres the sub tank and main tank holds in the GU 4.2 ltr patrol wagon turbo diesel.????????????

Also what fuel economy would i expect get from the GU 4.2 litre turbo diesel wagon im a moderate driver.???????????
    Great thread reddeer04.

It's been bugging me about why my fuel consumption is a bit high. I'm a moderate driver, not quite bordering on grandpa status. I'm thinking it's the heavy pod on the back, and driving into the headwinds is causing drag coz the pod sticks out more than the cab? I dunno. I've got standard (cheesecutters) tyres. I'm thinking along the lines of... the more mods a truck has, the heavier it gets, including 33's/muddies on highways. I use my truck as a daily driver and mostly on the highways. I dunno. It's got me stuffed?

Any other thoughts?

Ross
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Ross, don't complain about 16L/100kms, I only get about 19L/100kms, but I know why.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast