Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.0lt GU Patrols - Grenade Facts

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cross country 4X4 sell a grenade kit which worthy of aq look. http://www.crosscountry4x4.com.au/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On teleman: I'm interested on your driving habits so i may adopt also to avoid the grenade issue. May you discuss also if you have blocked the egr or have been using a modified GU. the type of fuel you use. Thank you.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good to know not all zd30s are bad. Maybe you were using clean fuel all the way.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Schenck View Post
    Cross country 4X4 sell a grenade kit which worthy of aq look. http://www.crosscountry4x4.com.au/
    Your better off getting all the bits separately.
    • Dawes from me.
    • Needle valve from Dependable distributors in Adelaide for $93.50. I'm currently testing numerous, cheaper valves out...
    • Catch catch from Ebay, Provent 200, DON"T get the kit with the hoses, get them from your local hose place. Much cheaper.
    • Boost and EGT gauge/s. MUST be done first.
    • EGR plate, from me..
    Last edited by mudski; 28th January 2013 at 11:11 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

rookiepatroller (13th February 2014)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi yeah I am a newby here, but i find it interesting to note the "hand grenade theory" No one has mentioned the recall on the early zd30's in patrols, which consisted of oil capacity, service intervals, breathers and from memory the PCV valve. I saw a few failures in the early days and a bit later and some of them could also be contributed to the MAF sensor but these were ussually caused by an aftermarket dry paper filter that did not do it's job very well. they were always covered in dust and threw up codes in the nissan Consult diagnostic tool. But in saying that people got sick of replacing the OEM air filter that would pick up dust from another State and clog up. My one word of advise is if you are going to buy an early ZD 30 patrol have a look in the handbook at the capacities chart and if it has a sticker over it (eng oil and service intervals don't touch it) this is only in Aus I think
    yes I was a niss mech when these came out

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buzzbro For This Useful Post:

rookiepatroller (13th February 2014), threedogs (14th July 2012)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Boys

I have just brought a 07 3.0 from a mine it has 40k on the clock and its limited to 25 kmph at the monent would you's recommend that i do the mods on it before i put it on the road

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Common rail diesels are fine, but fitting boost and EGT guage wouldn't hurt so you can see whats going on,
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool thanks threedogs we had a lot of trougble with oil quilitys whislt i was at Holden but once you found the right oils there wasnt a issue with carbon and blow by

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New to the forum, and looking forward to some great discussions.
    I have an '06 GUIV Patrol 3.0.
    One thing I would like to know is, out of the major petrol companies, is there one considered the best for diesel>
    I was under the impression the Shell was the best for petrol and used it where possible for my old X-Trail, but don't know about diesel.
    Thanks in advance.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BP say there diesel is cleaner however I don't think there's any real difference between it and the Caltex/ Shell product. I would however steer clear of 'bio'. I'm no expert here but have done some reading and bio might not burn as clean as real diesel.
    As a precaution I wil be fitting a Water Watch separator shortly. It's a bit expensive but cheaper than a blown motor ..... that's just my bit! Incidentally .... great forum!

PS: for the moment, when outback, I fill a Jerry using a Mr Funnel. If there's no residue in the funnel filter I then fill the GU directly from the pump. No problems so far.
    Coogs- 2009 GU Y61 Patrol 3L-CR, OME 50mm, 3" exhaust, ARB B/ bar, Warn Winch, ARB compressor, Snorkel, UHF & Barrett HF radio, Red Arc Dual Batts, Bushskinz Bash Plate, Cargo Barrier, F/R Recovery Points, Dual Pillar Pod (Pyro & Boost), ARB Rack, LR Tank, Chipit & EGR blank, Water Watch, Drifta Drawers, ARB Reversing Camera, IPF Lights, ARB Awning, GVM upgrade, Front Locker & other touring mods.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast