Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 3.0lt GU Patrols - Grenade Facts

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about getting a 2003 ST 3L but reading a lot about the "grenade" issue. Will have a read through this forum but if anyone has any sage advice that would be very welcome Cheers. Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjcresswell View Post
    Thinking about getting a 2003 ST 3L but reading a lot about the "grenade" issue. Will have a read through this forum but if anyone has any sage advice that would be very welcome Cheers. Ben
    Its no denying that this is a real issue. There is plenty still going around with 300plus thou on the clock and not using a drop of oil.

Try and buy something that has already been rebuilt, or as low as possible k's on it. Even a rebuild is no guarantee you are safe. I bought mine with a 40k old motor, 50ísh though later the IP died. I ended up doing a TD swap, removed the head on the ZD and number 4 piston was cracked and ready to go. I have said to other people if you buy a 3Ltr, expect it to drop the pin, if it doesn't then great! They are a good little zippy motor. Good if you will be driving it as a daily and your living in the burbs with traffic. You can get them going pretty good to with some mods.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415