OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: aux battery in a 2001 gu with abs????

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aux battery in a 2001 gu with abs????

hi again guys and gals of the forum can someone please tell me if they have every fitted a second battery under the bonnet of a 2001 gu 4.5liter with abs? as i cant seem to find any one that sells a battery tray for this modification the main problem is the abs system is in the way.(so i'v been lead to believe) have spoken to a couple of other guys and they all seem to be telling me to have it in the back the only purpose for the duel battery system is to run a fridge (80 liter waeco) and eventually a uhf etc. its a 5 door wagon 5 speed manual with the aux fuel tank with abs.
    once again many thanks for your advice and input...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tappethead View Post
    hi again guys and gals of the forum can someone please tell me if they have every fitted a second battery under the bonnet of a 2001 gu 4.5liter with abs? As i cant seem to find any one that sells a battery tray for this modification the main problem is the abs system is in the way.(so i'v been lead to believe) have spoken to a couple of other guys and they all seem to be telling me to have it in the back the only purpose for the duel battery system is to run a fridge (80 liter waeco) and eventually a uhf etc. Its a 5 door wagon 5 speed manual with the aux fuel tank with abs.
    Once again many thanks for your advice and input...
    hi mate thers no room in the engine bay for a second battery,mine is in the back

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roofy View Post
    hi mate thers no room in the engine bay for a second battery,mine is in the back
    ^^^^^^ yep done a few like that now, sealed box in the back with an external vent pipe (just like on a gas internal gas tank) & you run your cables through it as well.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool thanks for the input guys in the back it goes...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as the others. I have a Ti with ABS and I had the same problem. In the back it went. I explored every type of alternative, and the closest I got was some sort of half size batteries, but that seemed to defeat teh purpose. Just make sure you get a good Deep Cycle battery for the aux.
    GU Series 4 Ti, 3.0 CRD Auto with extra bits