OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How the bleedin heck do you change oil filters?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys, For a laugh. I change mine on the neighbours front lawn when he goes out then quickly mow his lawns. He brings over the beers to say thanks and when we have finished the box he looks at me strange because the lawn mower is away and my own lawns have not been mowed. JUST KIDDING lol

Kel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be using the hoist at work but usually just be quick n clean with brake clean afterwards ..( brake clean also will clean the driveway if it's not been sitting there for a week)
    Cheers Turtle

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a guy on another forum that has designed a bolt on catch tray made out of something like a 30 x 30 U channel. It bolts on and has a hose out the bottom to drain the catch to the bucket. It remains fitted to the vehicle permanently and i have a couple on order. Very cool little jigger.

He has gone to a fair bit of trouble and it catches every drop.

I just went o have a look for it but the thread has been removed with the pics as he is going into production and will become a Vendor on that forum with his item, I will encourage him to come here when he releases it and list it here for all to see also. Great item and fixes this problem.

His user name on the other forum is "Chicken"
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 9th July 2011 at 12:05 AM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Clunk (9th July 2011), mudski (25th April 2017), patch697 (9th July 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    There is a guy on another forum that has designed a bolt on catch tray made out of something like a 30 x 30 U channel. It bolts on and has a hose out the bottom to drain the catch to the bucket. It remains fitted to the vehicle permanently and i have a couple on order. Very cool little jigger.

He has gone to a fair bit of trouble and it catches every drop.

I just went o have a look for it but the thread has been removed with the pics as he is going into production and will become a Vendor on that forum with his item, I will encourage him to come here when he releases it and list it here for all to see also. Great item and fixes this problem.

His user name on the other forum is "Chicken"
    Thanks Dazz, would be good to see that product and himself on here mate.

Gert B Frobe
    Quote Originally Posted by Boagie View Post
    yeah---i just got my bus serviced(oil and filters)---cost $300 !!!!-sheet--i might be tryin that plastic bag/ ramp scenario next time!!!lol
    Unlucky mate,

Even someone paying retail prices and having minor mechanical nouse should be able to do the filter and oil change for around $100 (good quality oil and filter) plus a little bit of change for a couple of amber bevvies.

But the placcy bag suggestion is pretty ace for most backyarders which im sure the majority of us are.

Just my two cents

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last oil and filter change i had done by a mechanic
    (i was working looooong hours, so i drink beer on time of ,not work on cars)
    It was for our GU
    A simple oil filter off, old oil out,new oil in and a new filter was $100
    That was well over 6 years ago
    To buy a new oil filter and new oil for the TB42 costs most of that $100 nowadays and i have to do the job myself

The TB42s are a pain with spilage but its a minimum lately
    Wanna try the old SD33 , the oil holds in a canister with a big bolt
    Just pull the canister just a whisker of the block ,and its everywhere
    Tilt the canister back ,and it can spill out the back

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well i had to go looking for this thread but here is a pic of the oil catch tray i talked about above.

This guy has just contacted me with a very limited stock which is likely to be gone now but you get the idea and i think a few will be keen on a kit from him.

Here is an extract from an email he sent me.

Quote Originally Posted by "Chicken" to my email;
    The drain attachment will come ready to bolt up, with exception of the fitting the rubber hose. Each unit has been physically fitted to an oil cooler to make sure of trouble free fitting.

The kit includes :
    - 1 x Filter drain, which will be a steel unit, that has been electro plated.
    - 1 x Oil resistant hose
    - 1 x Stainless hose clamp
    - Instructions
    - The price of the kit will also include postage and handling.
    Total price of the kit will be $100 inc. P+H.
    I will grab 2 of these off him and fit them to each of my TD42s during their next oil changes and let you guys know what i think if you like.

I have also clipped a link to this thread to Chicken and he might come by and say G'day.

Cheers MR
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 25th July 2011 at 09:19 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

chicken (5th August 2011), YNOT (31st July 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Muddy could you send me his email or post it here if he doesnt mind, I want one of these they look great. Thanks for posting
    Macca

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought one of these of Chicken about 6 weeks ago, fitted it up ok (the rear bolt is a C U Next Tuesday to get out - you just cannot get any leverage on the bastard and when it does let go you smack your knuckles into the sharp machined edges of the oil filter faces) but once it is in place it looks like it was a factory fit. Schmicko. And it works to boot, just stick a bucket under the hose to catch what drips out of the hose (leave it there for an hour though, the oil will take a while to finish dripping out of the hose.)
    I reckon this was good money well spent.
    If you've got the time, and a couple of bucks to spend on the right tools, the oil & filter swap is a pinch of piss.
    Cheers.
    PK

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulthekelly For This Useful Post:

chicken (5th August 2011), MudRunnerTD (1st August 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'Day Fellas,
    Thankyou Mudrunner & paulthekelly for the word of mouth, appreciate it.

Great to see PK that your happy with it, and you feel its a usfull thing to have. Its made my life easier.

As MR sugested i come on here and say hello, so HELLO.

At the moment i have these made to suit the TD42 that have the same 2 oil filters, I'm still trying to get hold of a oil housing that has the 2 different oil filters, and once i have that, i will have them avaliable resonably quickly. (so if anyone has a housing that i'm after please let me know)

I currently have 60 of these nearly ready to go off and be electroplated, so within the next week or 2 i will have these ready to go, and will have them up for sale in the appropiate section

If anyone want to know any more about these feel free to PM me.

Cheers, Chicken

15. The Following User Says Thank You to chicken For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (7th August 2011)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast