Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation TB42 To TD42 Wiring

Gday all,

Iv had a fairly good search on the forum in regards to the wiring when doing this conversion. Im finding the manual not being much help, but does anyone have drawings of how they wired the TD up using the TB loom?

The TB that came out was a Carby im looking at the wiring and finding myself a bit lost when it comes to a few things.

If there is a forum already on this please share appoligies if there is i could not find.

Cheers Brett 83895377_507313376867353_7259452026910670848_n.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, what exactly are you struggling with. I did this conversion years ago and was fairly straightforward adapting most things to the TB loom. Picked up power for the injector pump from plug to carby , alternator extended across to other side, oil pressure and temp senders hook up as usual from memory as with starter. I used an aftermarket Boggart glow plug timer which works great and even wired up to factory dash light. Will need TD cluster to use tacho, I got mine wired up but pretty sure it is just wired up directly into pin out from sender, I know Chappy had it in his build thread somewhere which i could probably dig up if need be. . Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Hey mate, what exactly are you struggling with. I did this conversion years ago and was fairly straightforward adapting most things to the TB loom. Picked up power for the injector pump from plug to carby , alternator extended across to other side, oil pressure and temp senders hook up as usual from memory as with starter. I used an aftermarket Boggart glow plug timer which works great and even wired up to factory dash light. Will need TD cluster to use tacho, I got mine wired up but pretty sure it is just wired up directly into pin out from sender, I know Chappy had it in his build thread somewhere which i could probably dig up if need be. . Good luck!

Hey mate, I did read Chappy's he did the whole loom and cluster replacement. Basically im aware of the alternator but the loom off the carby not sure how to work out what goes where tbh

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically all you need is power that comes on with ignition to the injector pump to make it run and shut off. From memory it was a brown wire from the carby once you've got that just cut off and safely terminate everything that isn't used.