Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coongie Lake Nov '19

Coongie Lakes.
    Much publicised by the Leyland brothers back in the day.(who can't remember their jingle hehe)
    Formerly part of the Kidman Cattle Empire, thence a regional reserve and since 31 March 2005 as the Coongie Lakes National Park.
    Interesting note re the Old Kudriemitchie Out Station.
    From the Toyota Land Cruiser Club archives....
    ...... It was during 1994 that a group of TLCC members were travelling in the area and it was discovered that the future of the Outstation looked bleak. Due to vandal attacks and the ravages of time, it's condition was such that Kidman Pastoral Co. was planning to demolish the building. This prompted some members of the club to approach DEHAA and Kidmans to suggest that the Club restore the building. This was agreed to by all parties and the first working bee was held in 1995.....
    When the Lakes are full and the Cooper is up, it is a truly wonderful place..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzbJIU6JGdk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cradoka For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (10th January 2020), MB (11th January 2020), Touses (10th January 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that your video Cradoka? I enjoyed seeing the place again, especially from the air.

Top spot, certainly within the top 10 places we've enjoyed around Australia. Would happily go back there & stay longer. We only went for a look at the camp spots next to Kudriemitchie on the creek, another time I'd camp there as well as on the lakes. Drove there from Birdsville via the Walkers Crossing Track & Innaminka in Sept '17

http://cuppa500.com/Blog/2017/09/26/...to-tibooburra/
    Last edited by Cuppa; 10th January 2020 at 02:59 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This certainly was a very popular destination during the mid 1980's when the 4wd touring boom starte, but this is the first time in years I have heard it raised in maybe over 10 years. I certainly intend on visiting in the future and want to revisit the Curdimurka? Waterhole again outside Innaminka

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Is that your video Cradoka? I enjoyed seeing the place again, especially from the air.

Top spot, certainly within the top 10 places we've enjoyed around Australia. Would happily go back there & stay longer. We only went for a look at the camp spots next to Kudriemitchie on the creek, another time I'd camp there as well as on the lakes. Drove there from Birdsville via the Walkers Crossing Track & Innaminka in Sept '17

http://cuppa500.com/Blog/2017/09/26/...to-tibooburra/
    Yes Cuppa, it's a great spot, being a full on park its a bit restrictive but probably needed in this case.
    It was good for me, second trip away with some of the grand kids, they can enhance things some,
    I enjoyed your blog.
    Catch ya.....

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    This certainly was a very popular destination during the mid 1980's when the 4wd touring boom starte, but this is the first time in years I have heard it raised in maybe over 10 years. I certainly intend on visiting in the future and want to revisit the Curdimurka? Waterhole again outside Innaminka
    Yes you are right there re the eighties...
    The family saw a Leyland Brothers show when they broke the secret back in the day. I arrived home after being away for 6 months or so and most everything was packed for a visit. It was terrific and I've been a few times since.
    I've actually been trying to find that episode of the Leyland Bro's on youtube, no luck up to now tho'..
    Catch ya..

Thanks
    Thanked 7,983 Times in 3,175 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PeeBee, I think you mean the Cullyamurra waterhole out from Innamincka.
    We stayed at Cullyamurra in 2003 and visited the lake, have been intending to go back and stay at the lake, really is a great place.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Cradoka (11th January 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    PeeBee, I think you mean the Cullyamurra waterhole out from Innamincka.
    We stayed at Cullyamurra in 2003 and visited the lake, have been intending to go back and stay at the lake, really is a great place.
    Yes you are correct, it was around 1987 when we were there, too long between visits I reckon, was a bugger of a track across a moonscape of potholes and boulders for the last km or so from memory, but the rilocation was beautiful