Thread: Water in passenger foot well help please

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water in passenger foot well help please

Hi all and Merry Christmas and I hope everybody has a Happy New Year ..
    Now, yesterday went offloading up in the hills and I had the aircon on pretty much all day. Today I went to give the car a clean inside and out and found the passenger footwell very wet. It's water not coolant so im assuming its aircon condensation that's not draining. The only time (back in the 80's) I had this happen was on a Ford Falcon where the condenser hose blocked up on the aircon. Does anybody know where abouts the drain hose is on a 2013 Y61 3.0 wagon ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same issue.. My problem was that the drain hose on the engine side of the firewall had fallen off. Caused the water to run back into the foot well. Have a look, if the hose is gone it may be your issue.
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, thanks for your reply. I found a small drip under the car and traced it back to a white (half inch diam) bit of tube that sits about a quarter inch past the firewall. It's perfectly clean but i inserted a thin bit of wire a short way in to make sure there wasnt a wasp or something inside. There was literally a drop of water that was coming out .. the car has sat in the garage since getting back yesterday about 3pm. There is no hose at all on this tube and there doesnt look like there is enough poking through the firewall to put a hose onto anyway. Certainly couldnt put a hose clamp onto it and it's thin plastic tube anyway..... is this how it's meant to be? It doesnt look like anything can run back "into" the car .. but we were going up quite a few climbs yesterday so is there a chance the water ran back onto the firewall and inside ?? ?? doesnt seem likely

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it needs a longer tube on it. I added about a 4inch piece that I slid over that smaller pipe enough to get a zip tie to hold it it together. Fixed my problem immediately.
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will give that a go :-)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well that was a fun exercise ... you need to be a double jointed octopus to do that .. even the Mrs couldn't get her hand down into that area ... ended up with a 3 foot piece of black poly from the garden retic and pushed it on from up the front by the radiator .. added two elbow joints to get it over the chassis rail and got it draining just by the front axle .. two cable ties to keep it in place. Went for a drive and the water is running through it .. cant feel any new water inside so i hope that's fixed it ...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timbo2410 For This Useful Post:

MB (30th December 2019), PeeBee (30th December 2019)