OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: ATF in transfer case?

  1. #11
    Breadmaker Shaker Plasnart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanks
    4,405
    Thanked 4,866 Times in 2,432 Posts
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Cheers Plassy mate!
    Iíll chuck up 23 more posts and download soon :-)
    Is it possible we havenít experienced any issues due to usually slow mountain pace and not higher speed say sands?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know me mate. What sort of tech expert have you mistaken me for?
    When you have to shoot, shoot.
    Don't talk.
    ~Tuco.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

    MB (26th December 2019)

  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  4. #12
    ......... MB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Yarra Valley
    Posts
    5,662
    Thanks
    13,168
    Thanked 6,063 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too mate, honestly and truly cannot nuffy me understand but truly willing to find out how a manual gearbox ad transfer case conected can somehow affect either my same vintage utes manual hubs or our family wagon auto hubs?
    There must be more to this for sure


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #13
    Breadmaker Shaker Plasnart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanks
    4,405
    Thanked 4,866 Times in 2,432 Posts
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Me too mate, honestly and truly cannot nuffy me understand but truly willing to find out how a manual gearbox ad transfer case conected can somehow affect either my same vintage utes manual hubs or our family wagon auto hubs?
    There must be more to this for sure


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's all in the viscosity I'm led to believe. Keep it low and don't turn your transfer case into a torque converter.

    Sorry think this thread has taken a wayward turn from post 1?
    When you have to shoot, shoot.
    Don't talk.
    ~Tuco.

  6. #14
    ......... MB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Yarra Valley
    Posts
    5,662
    Thanks
    13,168
    Thanked 6,063 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But don’t you have to move that second sneaky gearstick from 2WD <> 4WD H/L choice to make the front tail shaft spin old school?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #15
    Breadmaker Shaker Plasnart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanks
    4,405
    Thanked 4,866 Times in 2,432 Posts
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    But don’t you have to move that second sneaky gearstick from 2WD <> 4WD H/L choice to make the front tail shaft spin old school?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enough friction/resistance through the TC tricks the auto hubs just like a lever pull I understand. Manual hubs don't listen of course.
    When you have to shoot, shoot.
    Don't talk.
    ~Tuco.

  8. #16
    ......... MB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Yarra Valley
    Posts
    5,662
    Thanks
    13,168
    Thanked 6,063 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the front tailshaft starts spinning by itself even when selected 2WD ?
    This almost has to be a 2008++ elecy thing surely?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #17
    Breadmaker Shaker Plasnart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanks
    4,405
    Thanked 4,866 Times in 2,432 Posts
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    So the front tailshaft starts spinning by itself even when selected 2WD ?
    This almost has to be a 2008++ elecy thing surely?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's a mechanical transfer of torque I believe they're trying to prevent through the TC with the ATF specification for auto hubs only.
    When you have to shoot, shoot.
    Don't talk.
    ~Tuco.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

    MB (26th December 2019)

  11. #18
    ......... MB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Yarra Valley
    Posts
    5,662
    Thanks
    13,168
    Thanked 6,063 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Enough friction/resistance through the TC tricks the auto hubs just like a lever pull I understand. Manual hubs don't listen of course.
    Okily Dokily, hopefully understand re-reading now, will wrap a long tailed zippy tie around her front tailshaft and see if we get some noise complaints tomorrow


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

    Avo (26th December 2019), Plasnart (26th December 2019)

  13. #19
    Legendary
    PeeBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Melbourne South east
    Posts
    3,146
    Thanks
    2,632
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,576 Posts
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Enough friction/resistance through the TC tricks the auto hubs just like a lever pull I understand. Manual hubs don't listen of course.
    Plassy, what actually triggers or moves the auto hub from disengaged to engaged - hydraulic fluid - I have the manual hubs on the old GQ, so never struck this or even had the need to look into auto hubs.
    Manufacturer of the Complete Camp Oven System

    Website:http://davesstuff.net/

    Vendor Page: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ar-That-Works/

    Tuturial Video's: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ted-on-Youtube

  14. #20
    Breadmaker Shaker Plasnart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanks
    4,405
    Thanked 4,866 Times in 2,432 Posts
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Plassy, what actually triggers or moves the auto hub from disengaged to engaged - hydraulic fluid - I have the manual hubs on the old GQ, so never struck this or even had the need to look into auto hubs.
    Got no idea PB. Hopefully someone with better tech knowledge than me can chip in.
    When you have to shoot, shoot.
    Don't talk.
    ~Tuco.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •