User Tag List

Thread: H2O Converters???

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

H2O Converters???

Hi all, I just had dinner with a mate and he mentioned he had just fitted a couple of H2O converters to diesels. I am told it will reduce my fuel consumption by nearly half. Since dinner was in the local pub and we had a few drinks I am not sure if this is true or just beer speaking.

Has anyone heard of these?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooops! I should mention it converts water to hydrogen and feeds it through the air intake.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a mate set that sorta system up on his toy......(cant say it) and it worked a treat
    just about doubled his mileage
    was a few years ago and i think it was a petrol motor
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmm. I will have to look further into this. Might have to try it on my tractor 1st as a test run. Apparently it increases the power as well. But there must be some risk involved.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had a heap of extra piping under the bonnet
    give a idea on mileage a trip from home to miling and back including two nights shooting about a third of a tank , and a standard tank at that not bad hay
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its been around since Noah but went out of favour when he converted the Ark to run on Bio.

The kits are on Ebay or freely available on the web from Manufacturers and Hobbyists. The Hydrogen acts as a catalyst to increase the energy obtained as it goes bang as well as acting as a fuel in its own right. The downside is it costs more 'power' to produce the hydrogen than it netts for you because in a Converter installation you can't store the Hydro like you can in a Fuel Cell or Hydrogen Powered Vehicle. (Perth just completed a Hydrogen Bus Trial and canned them as they are too expensice to run but that was Fuel Cell not Conversion. Fuell Cells are about 1000 times more efficient than Converters)

Google 'Browns Gas' or 'HHO'... BEWARE... a lot of the sites are scams and worse than Nigerian Bank rorts
    Last edited by the evil twin; 20th June 2011 at 11:09 AM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

eddietrx
    Quote Originally Posted by nowoolies View Post
    a mate set that sorta system up on his toy......(cant say it) and it worked a treat
    just about doubled his mileage
    was a few years ago and i think it was a petrol motor
    So how is his car going now?

No bad effects?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read a big article on this topic.
    Unfortunately it does not work, there is no physical possibility that produce enough hydrogen...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Its been around since Noah but went out of favour when he converted the Ark to run on Bio.

The kits are on Ebay or freely available on the web from Manufacturers and Hobbyists. The Hydrogen acts as a catalyst to increase the energy obtained as it goes bang as well as acting as a fuel in its own right. The downside is it costs more 'power' to produce the hydrogen than it netts for you because in a Converter installation you can't store the Hydro like you can in a Fuel Cell or Hydrogen Powered Vehicle. (Perth just completed a Hydrogen Bus Trial and canned them as they are too expensice to run but that was Fuel Cell not Conversion. Fuell Cells are about 1000 times more efficient than Converters)

Google 'Browns Gas' or 'HHO'... BEWARE... a lot of the sites are scams and worse than Nigerian Bank rorts
    Yep x2 ET theres a bloke in Lismore NSW that had his cars taken off him cause he got this working perfectly & also told not to do it again as I was with him when he done 1 of the trials & went from lismore to toowoomba n back on a cup n half of rain water only, no fuel at all, the fuel lines were totaly disconnected & blocked off, the car was a Rover SD1 from memory many many years ago.
    Before the cars were taken the engine was stripped down n checked for wear n tear n it was zero damage or wear as true hydrogen implodes not explodes thus creating no heat & on the way back disconected the radiator & drove back with no ceizure. the only heat omitted was from friction of moving parts not from the fuel source. they were the good old days now he has all these idiots checking up on him all the time.
    The cells on ebay while they do work like you say they are not very officient & don't produce the same frequency of true browns gas.
    Anyway yes you can use these & do no harm to your engines as its not like nitros gas which is explosive.
    Happy driving...
    Got the baby GQ a 1997 2.8TD RX Wagon Racetech EGT & Boost Guages Dobinsons coils 32in BFG KM2 M/T

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These systems do make a huge difference if they are set up right. But do your home work, there are a lot of details to be learned like metal exposed to hydrogen gas for prolonged periods of time becomes brittle. there are obviously ways around the hitchs but when playing with hydrogen or browns gas systems there isn't a lot of room for error. a mate of mine setup a very crude system on hi old 4Runner and he was getting 830klm to a tank out of a 2L.