Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actuator issues?

Hey guys,

On Monday I was cruising along the highway and boost was sitting at it's usual 10-12psi at 100. With a couple of kms had lost boost, (no smoke of any kind, engine itself stull running fine.) limped it back home and it was taking forever even on a flat stretch of road to reach anywhere near 10psi. Checked the actuator arm when I had pulled over and it wasn't moving when vacuum was applied/removed.

Went right over it yesterday and noticed that both the grub screw for the stop, and the rod adjustment screw where loose, but the grub was the worst, a slight breeze could of made it spin. Was able to manually move the rod up and down with engine off mainly to see if it had seized. Pulled everything apart yesterday to check for leaks, replaced all vac lines anyway, ic was fine, no leaks, good pressure coming from boost controller to actuator. I'm thinking something has rattled loose and caused the arm or stop to change position, and thus it not moving under pressure. When it was all put back together again same thing. Ideas on what to do with actuator would be great, aswell as any possible stock mm length for rod and stop screw (yes I know Garrett don't release these measurements, but someone might have them.)

Cheers 👍

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement