Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thunderbolts High/Way Summer Preparations

G’day NP.com.au Team,
    Just recently crossed Thunderbolts Way - NSW, East to North/West for my first time.

A truly beautiful scenic highway run and one of our major cut throughs from the Pacific back inland to the New England/Oxley Highways.
    An honest Thunderbolt word of warning here though Good Caravanning folks, “Be Prepared” East<>West<>East either way “Scouts Honour” :-) !
    Unfortunately witnessed some very sizeable Caravans, most noticeably smelt them stinking hot in brake shoe horror descending way way too fast past me whilst climbing only its first 12% gradient in the old GQ.

So summer steep and demanding those mountains are the old faithful unladen ute started just licking its limits and decided to give her a passionate high idle water pump/fan spinning rest for a few minutes to regain composure:-)

This is a serious climb and worthy of respect from whichever direction you travel folks, so much so the locals have kindly made pit stops if ever in full summer needed.

Carson’s Lookout is magnificent folks and well worth the pre-planning/smart gearing choices

Take care, stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

AB (11th December 2019), BrazilianY60 (15th March 2022), Clunk (11th December 2019), Cremulator (9th December 2019), Cuppa (8th December 2019), jay see (8th December 2019), MudRunnerTD (8th December 2019), pearcey (10th December 2019), Rossco (8th December 2019), Softy (11th December 2019), VK2FMIA (10th December 2019), Woof (8th December 2019)