OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Gu td42ti workshop does terrible job huge dissapointment...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gu td42ti workshop does terrible job huge dissapointment...

Hi all been a lurker on this forum for afew years now but this is my first ever post and sadly for me not a happy one a that and need some advice/opinions how issues should be tackled..
    i recently got my 05 gu patrol ute with the td42ti engine into a pretty well known workshop in my area (western sydney) for a tune.
    mod lists i bought this ute stock standard untouched other then 3'' exhaust 2 years ago with 150k on clock up untill this date ive slowly done some mods started off with upgraded airbox/catchcan and fiitted a safari snorkel removed the stock HT18 turbo and fitted a p4x4 16g..
    now im not clueless in mechanical/performance world ect ive built quiet afew highish hp petrol turbo 4cly motors ect...
    but i am sort of new to the diesel world but have done lots of reasearch into tuning my specific engine and reliased i wasnt experienced enough to want to tackle the tune myself so done research on a reptable workshop that seemed to know the td42s well now early morning dropped my ute off at which was booked in from week before hand...at about 1.30pm got a call my ute was all tuned and ready to go so went in he told me it made a healthy/safe 150hp so payed the guy and drove home...now upon driving it i realised it feels alittle weird on the on/off throttle transition but couldnt put my finger on it thought maybe the extra power down low was making it feel weird...now i never used ac on the way home untill towards the end of trip and this is where everything goes down hill..i turn ac on and reliased theres not idile up i orginally thought maybe they bumped a hose of the ac soleniod working on pump....but come to find they dissconnected the wire to soleniod alarm bells where ringing now..plugged in the soleniod and of course revs shoot up to 1300rpm and my heart sank...looking at everything they butchered my
    main fuel screw cover off which there lucky they didnt actually snap the main screw off the housing how they bashed it off.....so i can see they turned the cowboy screw up (mainscrew) and adjusted the throttle back to lower the revs...... from everything ive have researched this is the cowboy way and totally wrong way to do as it messes up the tps voltage and im guessing this is where my weird hestiation is coming from at this point im fuming beyond belief....having a real hard look i cannot see a single witness mark that the top plate/compensator ect as ever had a spanner on it.....my guess they simply tuned my car off the fuel screw which i could have done for free at home....now i havnt had a chance to contact the guy as he was closed buy the time i found everything out...my intentions on monday is to be civil about everything and say to put my car back to how it was reason been it dont want them to have the excuse that i was trying to get a free tune or something i realistcally dont want them near my car again... and i want a refund for a full tune that they only probably spent 10 minutes on...does everyone think this is a reasonable thing in thid situation....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a shit situation mate. I've got no advice for your truobles but I feel your pain. Best of luck sorting it out!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure is rusty not looking forward to the chat on Monday morning but that’s what’s going to have to happen...

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was the car dyno tuned. did they give you any printouts of before and after or any written details of what they have done ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nipagu7 View Post
    was the car dyno tuned. did they give you any printouts of before and after or any written details of what they have done ?
    didnt receive a dyno printout and i do feel like a idiot about not getting it now... i orginally didnt think it went on a dyno after finding everything out but did see later on they did post about the hp results on there page with a photo of my car on the dyno which shocked me...