Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turboed td42

Gday all.
    I have just put a turbo on my TD42 Shorty with just over 300,00 km's.I didn't have any visible blow by before being turbo ed but now it is weeping oil from the turbo side of the rocker cover.
    I am only running 7psi boost and a mechanic told me I need to decompression the engine by using a thicker head gasket.Does this seem correct.I don't want to blow the engine.
    I have yet to have my 10mm pump tuned as I am waitng on a 3" straight through exhaust.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to turbo's.Cheers
    Last edited by madmacs76; 25th November 2019 at 03:01 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No Way. You would be alone doing that mod mate. Are you sure it is Blowby? Seems Odd. 7psi s very very low. Factory is set at 9psi.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day MudRunnerTD.
    I was told it was blow by.Yesterday I was towing a trailer, only about 750kg's and when I stopped there was a slight leak coming from under the filler cap on the rocker cover as well as the turbo side of the rocker cover.Its pretty warm up here and I am running 20-50w oil.
    Is it possible my oil is too thick. I don't flog my car either so am a bit worried.Any ideas.Cheers