The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,260 Times in 6,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Picked these up yesterday, absolutely blown away at OEM prices here, they would want to be bloody good for $130 smackers in a rush purchase. @mudski mate, your good self and Rusty_Nail mate need to get back into business Blokes :-)

Sheds way too full of crap tonight and ironically the poor old family wagon is outside in the pissing rain now awaiting TLC :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I used to make up OEM kits for circa $40. I used to sell heaps of them. Been thinking of starting up the bizo again on the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Hodge (7th November 2019), MB (7th November 2019), Rossco (7th November 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've still go my pack of them that I bought from Mudski. I carry them to ensure if I need to get the windscreen replaced we will have some, but I cured our leak several years ago in the manner Threedogs suggests, with a little dob of silastic around each scrivet. Has never leaked since. The cab used to stink. Only way to get rid of the smell in our vinyl floored cab was yo pull out the seats & remove all the flooring & allow the thick felt bonded to the underside of the vinyly to get air around it, or it'll never dry fully & continue to smell. Once you start smelling it it will be pretty wet. Ours took 10 days hanging over a line under cover - no exaggeration! If anyone tells you the vinyl floors are great 'cos you can just hose them out have probably never actually done so.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

MB (7th November 2019), mudski (8th November 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Righto what have we got to do to get Mudski back in Business ?

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tip12345 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (8th November 2019), MB (8th November 2019), mudski (8th November 2019), Rossco (8th November 2019)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,260 Times in 6,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tip12345 View Post
    Righto what have we got to do to get Mudski back in Business ?
    Give me the funds to do it! Lol. I sold the business as an "unrefusable" cash offer was made to buy it from me at the time. And at that time, I needed cash. What I'm doing now certainly pays the bills, and then some. But its not my passion. Running the business worked, and well, I just had to make the next step of renting a place and hiring staff. I just wasn't prepared to be responsible for anothers income, and rent a shop.
    In hind sight. I should have. Our little corner of Melbourne pretty much has no 4x4 shops. I probably would have "killed it", if I took that next step.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (8th November 2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12