OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: UFI,DC,DPC,Diesel Australia? IP, Turbo.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFI,DC,DPC,Diesel Australia? IP, Turbo.

Hey guys been a while! After some info on injector pumps etc. I’m now looking at turboing the GQ. Read a lot all over the place but the info is older info, when googled anyway. Think I’ve narrowed the turbo choice down to an 18g. Most likely UFI. But happy to have my mind changed!

Now pumps is more of what I’m interested in as for info. So much conflicting info about. Was advised from one place to run a 16L with a modded 11mm Pump whilst another says a 18g with modded 11mm Pump (from my research this is the way I’d rather go). What I have read tho, is guys with 12mm pumps are getting better fuel economy than guys running modded 11mm pumps? Once again older info!

I’m not chasing stupid power figures, hoping not to do the two piece crank mod. Looking for max 200hp & 5-550nm as I want the clutch to be able to survive also. It’s a brand new exedy Safari Tuff clutch part no. NSK6830STHD.

Read early UFI pumps were the ducks nuts, then they had issues with soot! Apparently they got rid of the bloke building those pumps & I guess they now have it sorted?

I want a good smooth delivery of power/torque. I’ve read some of these pumps can be rather aggressive in their delivery? Nothing then in little throttle movement you have it all! But to be honest one thread says brand X is aggressive whilst brand z is not, then in another thread it’s the other way around!

So has anyone got any experience with the UFI 200hp 11mm pump? Can’t find any info on this one! What’s it drive like? is it sooty? How’s the fuel economy? DC say their own 11mm (DC3) isn’t as good economy wise as their DC6. Is there other brands of
    Pumps you are using/used that you prefer?

Cheers.
    Last edited by TuffTD42; 29th October 2019 at 06:44 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, I've got a UFI 12mm 250hp pump and is great. With my setup it's really tourqey and will happily munch up hills in the lower revs but will go top end if you boot it. Power delivery is fine can drive it like a grandpa smoothly no probs. Setup on mine is BorgWarner EFR Millweld air bix & 4" snorkel and silvertop motor. Soot is fine although would depend on the tune also.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    UFI would be the only pumps I would use currently. They are constantly getting better at them with the r&d they do. I don't believe there is much difference between their 200hp 11mm or 200hp 12mm. The hp is just a simple equation from fuel output. What makes the difference is all the small bits that are inside ensuring we have good timing throughout the rpm range with good control over case pressure and governor operation which ufi do very well.

Couple it with a borg Warner efr turbo or one of ufis options and you will be pretty happy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only recently got a 12mm 250hp and 18g turbo from ufi. Speaking with the guys there(and they'll tell you if you ask) they reckon there's no difference between a tuned 11mm or 12mm pump at the 200hp range on the dyno. They said the 12mm pump is only required when after bigger power figures. Oh and the 12mm pump will cost you extra.

Mine is pretty heavy on the soot at the moment but it's yet to have a tune so I can't really tell you what the final product is like.
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.