Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZD30 crd Full revs at starup after inlet manifold clean

Hi Guys

Just removed the intake manifold from my 2012 ZD30 CRD for a clean and once refitted went to start it and it just revved straight to 4000rpm tried to start half a dozen times same thing ? tried with intercooler disconnected starts to idle for 3-4 seconds and then revs flat out but no pedal response ... for the few seconds it is idling ok if you pump the pedal nothing happens ? any ideas
    Last edited by Simon67; 13th October 2019 at 03:24 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will help if you tell us what was removed and reinstalled in the process of the manifold removal. Also try disconnecting the earth to the main battery for half hour to reset the ecu.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i want to do this on my crd 3Litre any helpful tips?
    did the common rail have to come off?
    ive looked and i think you only have to remove the fuel pip from the pump to the rail but the rail and the 4 injector lines look like they dont need to be removed, is that right?
    also does the egr pipe need to be removed from the exhaust manifold side? or can you just un-bolt the drivers side and leave it back the attached.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Fireblade ... Not a easy or quick job, a real pain in the arse .... you will need a good 1/4" socket set to get to all the hard to get bolts ... you only need to remove the EGR heat exchanger on the driver side l did block the EGR on both sides just because l had both blanks they are different ... you will have to remove the fuel supply line to the rail and injector line number 1 for memory ... l did have to move to complete fuel rail injector lines and rocker cover only because l had to clean the head intake ports full of soot and need to see valve position as l just sprayed de-greaser into the port cleaned valves and blew out with compressed air ... A job you need to do good luck shit of a job but mine runs alot better now ... cheers Simon

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem solved ... nothing l did during the intake clean ... faulty TPS sensor ( Throttle Position Sensor ) in the accelerator pedal ... replaced accelerator assembly problem solved

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon67 For This Useful Post:

Bidja (20th October 2019), mudski (20th October 2019), the evil twin (20th October 2019)