OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Central Australia Trip 2019 (Part 1)

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Central Australia Trip 2019 (Part 1)

Greetings,

Miss me? well I'm back and already have itchy feet.

Start of the trip was unfortunatly delayed by over four weeks due to a death in the immediate family, hence the trip time was reduced accordingly.
    We were away for just over six weeks and travelled about 9,500km towing the Jayco Adventurer. About 3,000km of this was in 4WD and other than some major dust leaks they both performed exceptionaly. Much to my darling wifes chagrin we didn't shy away from any challenge and at one stage travelled almost 600km and saw only one person.
    Fuel economy ranged between 13.55 l/hkm to 24.04 l/hkm, trip average was 18.47 l/hkm. Happy with that as we had massive head winds and some dust storms travelling east and south. Most expensive fuel was $2:19 per litre which was a lot better than Cape York six years ago where it was $2:40.

The map only shows the major bits of the trip as I forgot to hit record at times.

I took about 1,900 pictures until the SD card crapped itself in Silverton, luckily I backed up each night to the laptop. Amazing how many people from Ballarat you run into on a trip. We were camped in Palm Valley and a young couple came over to say g'day to another coiple from Ballarat, the guy drives an excavator and recognised my car due to the two aerials as I've driven past his work site a couple of times. At Adels Grove I met another traveller who used to live in Ballarat and I went to school with his brother over 50 years ago. Small world.
    We also met another couple of locals and forum members at Adels, Cuppa and Mrs. Tea spent some time there on their way to the Daintree. It was good to catch up with them again.

I've spent the last three days cleaning the van and still need to start on the car.

OK here comes the photo dump.

Oodnadatta Track

Stone Man Oodnadatta Track

Marree

Sculpture Park

Algebuckina Bridge

Oodnadatta

Kata Tjuta

Uluru

Kings Canyon

Kings Canyon Helicopter Flight

Mereenie Loop

Hermannsburg

Palm Valley

Palm Valley

Palm Valley

Palm Valley

Palm Valley

Magnificent MacDonnell Ranges

Glen Helen Gorge

Red Bluff Gorge

Ochre Pits

Orminston Gorge

To be continued:
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (10th October 2019), AB (10th October 2019), Bidja (19th October 2019), Cremulator (10th October 2019), MB (10th October 2019), mudnut (10th October 2019), MudRunnerTD (10th October 2019), pearcey (10th October 2019), Plasnart (10th October 2019), Touses (10th October 2019), TPC (10th October 2019), Woof (18th October 2019)