User Tag List

Thread: Front end overly bouncy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front end overly bouncy

Hey guys, after a shit week im at my final straw.

Last week my panhard rod fell off at the diff side at a set of lights, got some wild roller coaster like death wobbles as my diff wobbled around freely as I drove off at the intersection.

I've since been to the mech twice and he couldn't find anything wrong the with car besides he fitted a new road safe HD adjustable pan hard rod the first day and done absolutely nothing else, sent me on my way.. I come back day later with complaints of the steering wheel not being straight and the car wondering all over the road, leaning on corners, he re adjusts my pan hard rod and packed drag link with grease from what I can see - he got my wheel straight and it's only slightly pulling to the left now ( I think a weight got thrown off the week before when my panhard rod incident happened on my left wheel from what I can see - all the others have 2 that side has 1 ) but my front end is bouncing like crazy backing out of my driveway, hitting a ingress in the road etc and it's throwing the wheel around abit ? I'm thinking shocks - how can I check them while they're still in the car ? Is there a certain spot to measure from? The car seem to be leaning to the drivers side which I know is normal due to driver weight etc, but like alot more then usual..

Jumping on the side steps and rocking car back and forth the car will rock for 3-4 times.

These are 4 inch gas shocks. ( Installed maybe 5,000ks ago ? )

I was pretty stuck last week and my shocks would have been under pressure when I was whinch myself out I believe and from impact possibly.

Would this cause them to fail prematurely? If not the shocks what could be the cause ? Unset spring ? I'm not the most mechanically minded person so I'll be taking it to someone else on Tuesday - not happy with the job my last bloke done as he seemed to just want me in and out.

Any ideas of where I should point him towards? Cheers

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you have done a bit more damage than the Panhard.

Shocks don't affect ride height even with no shocks the car will sit at the same height but sounds like at least one is stuffed if the vehicle bounces around that much.

The vehicle should sit level and not lean "a lot" to the drivers side (thats why the driver side springs are longer length to the pax) so possibly an issue with the coil tower, control arms or somesuch.

If in doubt I would get a front end check $30 at Pedders or even free at some joints.
    Last edited by the evil twin; 5th October 2019 at 11:33 AM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

shadzketb48 (5th October 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Sounds like you have done a bit more damage than the Panhard.

Shocks don't affect ride height even with no shocks the car will sit at the same height but sounds like at least one is stuffed if the vehicle bounces around that much.

The vehicle should sit level and not lean "a lot" to the drivers side (thats why the driver side springs are longer length to the pax) so possibly an issue with the coil tower, control arms or somesuch.

If in doubt I would get a front end check $30 at Pedders or even free at some joints.
    Yep have a bloke going to look over the front end on Tuesday. Have checked coil towers they look fine no cracks that I can see at all but who's to say they're not there.
    Cheers mate

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Issue resolved.
    New bushes front and rear lower control arms - new raw nitro shock absorbers all round and a professional wheel alignment, driving better then when I first picked her up happy days

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadzketb48 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (9th October 2019), Rossco (9th October 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadzketb48 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (9th October 2019), mudski (11th October 2019), rusty_nail (9th October 2019)