Thread: My gu tub

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My gu tub

So im new to the whole patrol world but they sparked my interest when stumbled across the first image on facebook. Second photo is how it was when i got it. So i looked into it some more and discovered that there seems to be only a hand full of people who have done this. Let alone an np300 tub. So i thought why not, my supra is pretty much where i want it to be for the moment and i needed something else to challenge the brain. It still early days but i plan to have it all done by xmas. I will fabricate an all alloy toolbox to go in the gap and paint it white to match. How it will be set out, i haven't decided as yet

Took a bit of cutting of the factory mounts on the tub but the body lines are pretty much the same. Couple of issues so far. Fuel filler is on the wrong side. Not sure if i should just extend the filler hose, make the sub tank the main tank and remove the original main tank or attempt to turn the fuel tank by 180 degrees and make custom mounts. Also i seem to have an extend chassis so i need to work out how to cover the small section hanging out the back. But other then that its pretty smooth going so far.

Will try to update as much as i can but i can only work on it when we have down time at work. Few things left on the list to do. Full 3 inch stainless exhaust, egr block, maybe shift the intercooler, fit my light bar, might fab up a stainless snorkel and airbox, possibly a different bullbar, and possibly a 2or 3 inch lift. Still deciding on which way to go as im leaf rear. I guess it wont be for everyone but im super keen to get this done. If anyone has any suggestions on anything, please give me your feedback

picc1.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    pic5.jpg

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stump2jz For This Useful Post:

AB (2nd October 2019), Cuppa (3rd October 2019), MB (2nd October 2019), rusty_nail (2nd October 2019), Touses (2nd October 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a Mitsubishi Triton rear tub? Because the one in the top photo looks like a Navara rear tub to me.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tub im putting on my ute is the np300 tub.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump2jz View Post
    The tub im putting on my ute is the np300 tub.

Ah gotcha, I want sure what the donor car was

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good. Not sure how its goin to look when its all done. Hopefully i might get it on today and fixed down and see what is like.