The sub-tank mechanism in my car was not working since I purchased it, and I figured I should attempt to fix it before a big trip.
I have read many threads regarding this issue but most seem to present different to mine.
My Sub tank fault light is not lit on the dash, however the sub tank switch itself doesnt seem to respond to a push.
Both sub tank and main gauge are perfectly fine. I have made sure to that the main isnt full once trying.
I read that there is an automatic mechanism which allows some flow of petrol (in my case) from the sub to the main tank every time the car is turned on but it seems this isn't working with mine (sub tank gauge hasnt moved a bit).
In an attempt to diagnose I open the fuse box and found the fuse for the sub to be blown. Replaced it, made sure current was flowing, yet still the switch is unresponsive, no transfer of fuel.
I have come to the conclusion that either my switch is faulty, or the fuel sender is (due to the fact there is no automatic transfer every start up) but can't figure out a reason the fault light wouldn't light up if it were the case.
I have also read about hotwiring the pump to force a transfer (if anyone knows how to do this would be appreciated), and I might turn to that if I don't get it fixed on time.
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and managed to fix it.
Any help would be much appreciated