Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARB Tourer Roof Top Tent Mattress options

Gday all,

Simple question is this,

What has everyone done as far as making their standard ARB Tourer (or similar) RTT mattress more comfortable, without going down the inflatable mattress path?

Our current mattress (dunno if it is the standard original that comes with the ARB Tourer or not) has what looks like a foam insert inside the mattress, which you can see when opening the plugs on the end of the mattress. I think the plugs are for pumping a little air into the mattress for adjusting the thickness. Again, not real sure on this.

Anyways, the missus is getting sore hips and dunno if I wanna go full inflatable mattress or not. Just another thing that needs to be done when setting up and packing up.

Any suggestions on replacement mattresses or brands or ideas is greatly appreciated.

Considering a Darche RTT replacement.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Big fan of a decent self inflator mate. i use a 90mm thick Self Inflator which cost a bit but is bloody nice. Packs up very well too. Buy a decent one and it is worth the coin.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Trav_1980 (30th September 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Big fan of a decent self inflator mate. i use a 90mm thick Self Inflator which cost a bit but is bloody nice. Packs up very well too. Buy a decent one and it is worth the coin.
    Great advice. Cheers.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trav_1980 View Post
    Great advice. Cheers.

This is what i have mate. Really bloody good. Wife and i have one each. Kids each got a 5cm one.

https://www.anacondastores.com/campi...mat/BP90033386
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put one of these in our ShippShape RTT when we had it. When we got the Tvan we bought another. They fold as easily as a foam mattress & are as comfy as our bed at home. You don't sweat on them like you do with foam & the price is on par with a quality foam mattress + undermesh. https://bedsdirect.com.au/products/camper-mattresses/

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    This is what i have mate. Really bloody good. Wife and i have one each. Kids each got a 5cm one.

https://www.anacondastores.com/campi...mat/BP90033386
    Is that a "bonded" mat Darren? Ie is the skin glued to the foam? We are looking at upgrading our cheap double self inflating mattress to a pair of single bonded mattresses for our upcoming interstate trip.
    Currently looking at a pair of these but that Denalli mattress is a lot cheaper!
    https://www.snowys.com.au/megamat-10...ptsCookies=yes

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Is that a "bonded" mat Darren? Ie is the skin glued to the foam? We are looking at upgrading our cheap double self inflating mattress to a pair of single bonded mattresses for our upcoming interstate trip.
    Currently looking at a pair of these but that Denalli mattress is a lot cheaper!
    https://www.snowys.com.au/megamat-10...ptsCookies=yes

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I think so mate. Not like a Dune mat at all. High end. Good gear.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have just ordered a pair of Zempire Monstamats from Snowys. Specs and reviews are very similar to the Exped Megamat but half the price. I'll receive them next week so let you know what I think of them then.
    https://www.snowys.com.au//megamat-single-camp-mat

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (3rd October 2019), Trav_1980 (3rd October 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just read the link which says the item was previously known as the megamat . i hate it when they do that.