Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny stories....now

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My younger mate lost his troll fuel cap, so the servo gave him another one. Another mate borrows his car & trailer and goes to the servo to fill up. We see this so stop and say hello, is everything OK?

As we pull up, the bowser was going and the ULP nozzle was in the diesel tank. Thankfully nothing happened. The mate who borrowed the troll said "the fuel cap says "unleaded" and naturally presumed this troll was unleaded - wrong.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember one of the golden rules as a kid? "Don't run across the road".

Broke that rule about 3 years ago and went for a dive into the bitumen.

Cost me half a tooth, 6 stitches in my palm and a lot of pride!
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    OK here's another confession.

About 10 years ago when I was driving buses, I was driving the public transport buses here in Geelong. We had been driving Volvos from about the early 90's and everything was going sweet (apart from the idiots you have to transport along the way). Well the company buys a couple of new you-beaut top-of-the-range latest hi-tech whiz-bang buses with all the bells and whistles. The dash wraps right around you and looks like the cockpit from a FA-18 Hornet, but unfortunately doesn't have heads-up display! Anyway it was my first day in one of the new buses and admittedly I was still fairly new to the public transport buses. Well I'm driving along and a passenger pushes the button to get off and a bell rings to alert me. I pull over at the next stop and let them off. I get underway again and another passenger pushes the button. The bus is only a couple of days old and all of a sudden I see a light come up on the dash. An orange light with a symbol that I didn't recognise. "Oh shit, what does that mean?" I let the passenger off and a bit further down the road the light has gone off. Another passenger pushes the button and as I'm driving along the light comes back on. "Bloody hell, what does it mean?" So I drop them off and I'm getting concerned that there's something going on with this new bus. I think to myself "maybe I should call the service guys to ask. Nahhh, It'll be right." So I keep driving and then the light comes back on. "Sh!t something could be happening here and this is a brand spanking new bus. I'd be in the sh!t if I did anything bad to it." So I radio the service guys with a query about a mystery light. Of course the whole bus network is on the same radio channel and the old farts love nothing better than listening in to everyone's discussions and having a yack in the lunchroom later on about it. Well I get through to the service guys and explain that there's a light coming up on the dash and ask what it it. "It's an orange light, top row, 3rd from the left" I say. The service guy says "That's the light that comes on when someone wants to get off!". "Oh right, thanks" I say and wish I could disappear into the seat, coz I know every other bus driver in the fleet is right at this moment pissing themselves laughing. So I get back to the depot later that day and they're all saying "What does that light mean Rohan?" "If I'm out there and this light comes on what should I do?" etc, etc, etc. I felt like an idiot but I justified it by saying "At least I've got the balls to ask questions. I'm only looking after the bus you know". But I still felt bloody stupid and took me ages to live that one down!!
    So who was your idol - Reg Varney or 'Blakey'? "Butler, I'll get you for this" LOLOLOLOL

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair dinkum, sometimes I wonder how I got a licence to carry a brain!

LOL!!
    Me too. lolololol

Hope u didn't burn yr feet?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dogman,

I'd hate for Finly to see you hook the camper trailer up to your troll. Then he'd call u a grey nomad for sure. lolol

BTW Finly, I've seen Dogman in the flesh, and he holds his age really well. lolol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump.

I've put my heart and soul on the line, so now it's time to hear your funny stories... now.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah pulling this one from the archives Plassy?
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok when I was on Endeavour Rally, one of the team in our car had , had a few too many and being unstable when releiving himself he continued doing so over my boot while on my foot.

So later when he went to bed, he was out ot it, I tied his swag shut. You should have seen the struggle in the morning, it was a riot!

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Rossco mate, I feel for you!

Well one day I was riding my BMX bike around the place and there was a group of kids jumping their bikes over some stacked up tyres. ...
    We lived in a small NW (WA) town in the 70's and my 2 brothers and I did this also though the kids were using sheet of chip board and house bricks. We were up to 5 bricks high when the fool on a Malvern Star tried to out jump the BMX's, only to ride through the chip board and buckle front tyre on pile of bricks.

Mind you our specialty was making mud piles setting rock hard in the WA sun and then coercing the neighborhood kids to lay down side by side so we could jump over them. If we could not find not enough kids to make a decent jump then those "volunteers" were lined up head to toe. Malvern Star needed a big hill but she leaped a lot of kids.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1 Of the reasons why I am more mechanically minded than most my gender...
    My first car was a Datsun200B, after yet another late night/early morning 'cruisin ' the streets I went to drop BF ( now hubby) and friend off at their home. Stopped to BS for a while, and when I went to leave the car would not move ! 'My car wont go' I say. 'Take the handbrake off !!' They say, I check. 'It is off' I say. 'Put the clutch in' they say, 'it is,' I say. 'Put it in gear', 'it is'. On and on and on. Til me almost in tears cos my gearbox is broken gets out, shine torch under car thinking gearbox would be lying on ground, instead found bricks under every wheel !!
    My first lesson of not believing a damn thing they say !!
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast