Thread: NIssan Patrol ZD30 Y61 Diesel 2003 model

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NIssan Patrol ZD30 Y61 Diesel 2003 model

Hi , I have a Nissan Patrol ZD 30 that intermittently stops - when idling and on driving. When if drives, it goes well , no black smoke power loss etc. I have changed the fuel filters, checked outlet from primer to see if there is fuel on the outlet when this happens - All looks good. There is no engine light or any fault codes registered. Any ideas.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 992 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Make sure all the hose clamps are tight, any wet areas on or around the clamps is a sign there are not tight enough. Try bypassing the fuel filter assembly. Just incase there is an issue there. A member had a similar issue and he had tiny air bubbles in the line from the fuel filter to the IP. He found this by putting a clear hose from the filter to pump.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,716 Times in 8,560 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mudski, the lines were checked and from the primer to the pump the fuel is there. It is hard to start now and when it does start it cuts off in a short period of time.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mudski, I have checked the clamps and the lines. They seem to be well sealed and from the primer to the injector the line is clear and there is always fuel. I checked this when it happened.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chan View Post
    Thanks Mudski, the lines were checked and from the primer to the pump the fuel is there. It is hard to start now and when it does start it cuts off in a short period of time.
    Try pumping the primer a dozen times then start the car. See if this changes anything. If it starts better, keep pumping the primer for a few minutes whilst the engine is at idle. I does sound like air in the fuel to me, or a fuel related issue of some sort. If it were pump or injectors it would just do it constantly, not intermittently.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mudski, this is a real strange problem, the history of it- I drove it around town and then did 170km, it cuttoff twice and I was able to restart it after putting in neutral gear. Then on the return journey back, it never stopped , i.e I thought the problem had dissappeared, in the last few months it got very frequent and at one point i.e I could not get it to be on idle for 20 to 30 seconds. It would cut off completely, and then you needed to keep it standing for a couple of hours before it would start again. this happened for a good 2 months. Then suddenly it started again and I could run the engine for a good 30 minutes on idle or raising it to 2-3k revs and it would not cut out. I was able to drive it for short distances. It cuts out still . When it runs it runs perfectly fine, no black smoke or white smoke. I took it to a mechanic and he says it is the Injector pump. However there are no fault codes being spit out. We checked NATS, MAF ,EGR, Primer, Horses ,ECU relay , filter. From the forums it looks like this has happened to others and they all ended up replacing the Injector pump or dumping the Vehicle. I dont know why the Pump would suddenly stop this way and start working on its own without us doing anything.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is not a common rail but a direct injection with a VP44 pump

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know where I can source a VP44 pump for a nissan patrol ZD30 Y61 st 2002/3 model or a good place i can take it to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast