Hi Guys,

I've had some issues of late with my Nissan Patrol ZD30 Di Y61 Gu4 2005.

I will begin at the start.

I was having some MIL warning lights for a few days, it went away...then one day after i was cleaning my MAF sensor...coincidentally my car wouldn't turn on.

I had the car towed to a local mechanic, they checked and located a engine control fuse kept blowing. They got an auto sparky to have a quick look and he diagnosed it back to the Injector Pump...they took the ECM (i think that is what is called) off to see if they could fix anything, changed fuel filter and a few other things. The Injector is knackered they said. I sourced a second hand pump from Patrolaparts and had the mechanic fit it.

Now i have a totally different problem....the car takes 10+ flicks of the key and use of the accelerator to get the old girl cranking...this takes about 20 seconds and once the car starts...there is a massive cloud of white smoke (diesel), after 10 seconds the car runs perfect. We sent the injectors of for inspection and all 4 of them are in perfect condition. The fuel primer goes hard after only a few pumps and diesel flows out of the outlet line that goes to the injector pump.

The mechanic reckons the pump we put in might be a dud....something just doesn't seem right.

I am having them check the pressure between the filter and the injector pump but thought i would ask if anyone else has had this problem or knows of any additional checks that we should be doing before the pump is taken out and sent away for testing by patrolapart so that i can get my cash back to invest in a new pump.

Needless to say i am will to have the mechanic try anything to save me the labour of removing and installing another pump, i also don't want to have this happen and the pump from patrolapart gets tested by the patrolapart and comes back good...because they wont give my money back after that.

currently looking at $2.5k but if i need more labour and a new pump i will be up at $5k

ANY IDEAS?

Thank you in advance.

Shaun