Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swaybar Link/Suspension Question

Morning All

Purchased my 2011 GU 3 months ago with most of the hard work done including, 4 inch suspension with extended swaybar links. First real trip out I snapped a front swaybar link. Bought disconnects from Superior and, low and behold they won't fit. Ends up my suspensions has sagged.

So, i am going to replace the springs but am going back to a 3 inch (I really do not need 4) and have ordered the springs but my questions is ............

I will be replacing the front sway bar links still and will exchange the ones i bought for 3 inch. Will I need to replace the links at the back dropping back an inch in coil? Keeping in mind drivers rear is sitting at 2.5 inch and passenger rear 3 inch currently with the sag.

Appreciate you reading and any responses.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When putting the 4inch in did you buy drop boxes/ or offset radius arm bushes, adjustable front and read panhard rods, rear control arms and adjustable drag link? Or did you just do springs shocks and sway bar links?
    If your going down to 3 inch, all you need to do is cut the threaded bar down to suit. The right angled section of the sway bar where it meets the link needs to be sitting parallel with the ground. So its best to adjust all this when everything else is done.

How one snapps a sway bar link I'd like to know, and why dont the superior ones fit?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

10G (20th September 2019)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks bud - all suspension work was done by previous owner, Drop boxes etc has all been done

As mentioned above, on investigation springs have sagged so 3 outta 4 corners are sitting at 3 inch or slightly under

Looks like I can adjust the rear links down the 3 inch after some advice which is handy.

If I figure out how i snapped it will let you know lol

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    .... The right angled section of the sway bar where it meets the link needs to be sitting parallel with the ground...
    Well that's good to know. I fitted my front sway bar back on maybe 6 months ago and couldn't remember where or what angle it should be at. Just last weekend I tightened it up so the ends of the sway bar are pointing more upwards than parallel and I reckon it's improved the ride, the bus doesn't pitch and roll as much.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    Well that's good to know. I fitted my front sway bar back on maybe 6 months ago and couldn't remember where or what angle it should be at. Just last weekend I tightened it up so the ends of the sway bar are pointing more upwards than parallel and I reckon it's improved the ride, the bus doesn't pitch and roll as much.
    Yeah pitching them up will stabilize the ride more, but on the other hand, restrict your flex more during off roading.