Thread: spark plugs for 4.8L 2005 auto

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spark plugs for 4.8L 2005 auto

Hi all was going to change spark plugs as it used to be gas , the plugs no 6 lpg plugs I think , replace with a no5 NGK. looking at the throttle body where it bolts onto the plenum box is there a gasket or oring for a seal and is any SST tools required to remove the y piece .
    Cragg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by craigg View Post
    Hi all was going to change spark plugs as it used to be gas , the plugs no 6 lpg plugs I think , replace with a no5 NGK. looking at the throttle body where it bolts onto the plenum box is there a gasket or oring for a seal and is any SST tools required to remove the y piece .
    Cragg
    Hi Craigg
    Yes I replaced mine in my 4.8 but lashed out and purchased the platinum ones.Yes there is a gasket you need to purchase. It is the inlet manifold to block. It is shaped like a pair of spectacles. From memory I got mine from Nizbits. His prices are reasonable with prompt postage.

I remember the job took me about 3 hours and I had to hold up the manifold by suspending it from the bonnet with wire. The plugs are well down inside the head so be careful when installing....screw them in on the socket and bar with your fingers prior to tightening. Ian
    Ian Y62