User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for advice from the gourou's out there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I was turning my laptop around to get the orientation correct so the overall picture made sense.
    It can be a challenge when taking photos and uploading them that the orientation makes for a confusing picture.
    I always thought that the "shaft" part would be at the top to minimise potential damage from stones etc.
    The boot provided by Superior Engineering is relatively lightweight. I have the same shocks on the rear of my Patrol which I'm replacing as one is now weeping oil.
    Cheers Trevor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Yeah you can clearly see in the last pic the diff is pointing down too much still.

Just for shits and giggles. You haven't got the control arms in arse about? As the bush ends are angled so there is a left and right to them. Just thinking if they are arse about it may be stopping you from correctly adjusting the panhard... Dunno...
    The upper control arms are in the right way around the adjustment end needs to go to the chassis and nothing on them or in the instructions said anything about a left and right and the pan hard can only go in one way large eye to small eye

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tryan277 View Post
    Yes I was turning my laptop around to get the orientation correct so the overall picture made sense.
    It can be a challenge when taking photos and uploading them that the orientation makes for a confusing picture.
    I always thought that the "shaft" part would be at the top to minimise potential damage from stones etc.
    The boot provided by Superior Engineering is relatively lightweight. I have the same shocks on the rear of my Patrol which I'm replacing as one is now weeping oil.
    Cheers Trevor
    Yeah sorry about that the forum doesn't like me I want to my gallery and the pics are up the right way but when I load them they want crazy, and because the shocks have a remote reservoir the shaft needs to be on the bottom other wise the hose would cycle up and down

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that.
    I'm not using remote reservoir shocks so I guess it does not matter which way they go.

Cheers Trevor

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    Yeah I got adjustable upper control arms but the wheels are very close to the gaurd so longer lower will give me more room and better stability/flex
    That's still going to need to be adjusted out to set your pinion angle. If you don't, adding longer lowers will make it point further down.

The +10's or 16's or whatever they are, just recenter everything. The geometries get worse the more you lift and the more travel you have
    Last edited by Ben-e-boy; 8th September 2019 at 09:32 AM.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123