User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel system

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so this sub tank earthing was working for about 6 short trips around town but 1.5 hours into a drive down the coast after Christmas and the sub tank light came on again.
    I reset I again twice removing the earth lead from the main battery and it came on again within 15 mins of driving each time.
    I added an additional earth lead from the main battery to the chassis and set off on another drive to the coast and it came on again after about 30 mins.
    Seems like it wasn't the simple fix I was hoping for.

Should I now start to check error codes on the sub tank control module to try to determine what the problem is?

Also, on that same drive I later turned the parker lights on (due to rain around 3pm) and after driving with parkers on for about 40 mins they stopped working. No parkers, headlights or taillights (brake lights and indicators still functioned). I later diagnosed it had blown the 10a tail lamp fuse in the cabin. Might be unrelated but this is the first fuse its blown in 18 months since I've owned it.
    Last edited by Cremulator; 12th January 2020 at 10:05 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To reset the subbie poota fault you can pull the sub tank fuse instead of taking off the battery earth... which is easier depends on what accessories and battery terminals you have.
    My Cab Chassis had aftermarket cruise and they picked up the cruise control button power from the horn, every time you reconnected the battery the horn wold give a quick barp, total PIA
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (12th January 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I diagnosed the fuse blowing issue, which was caused by a new bike rack I had fitted which was plugged into the trailer plug.
    Unrelated to the sub tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    To reset the subbie poota fault you can pull the sub tank fuse instead of taking off the battery earth... which is easier depends on what accessories and battery terminals you have.
    My Cab Chassis had aftermarket cruise and they picked up the cruise control button power from the horn, every time you reconnected the battery the horn wold give a quick barp, total PIA
    I haven't had much luck with trying to reset the sub tank controller by pulling the fuse. Are you referring to the 15A fuse in the bottom left (lid photo above) of the fuse panel?
    I've tried removing it with the car off, leaving out for 20 mins, refitting and starting car.
    No good.
    Removing with the car running.
    No good.
    Removing when the car is off, then refitting it when the car is running.
    Still no good.
    So far only removing the earth wire from the battery when the car is off, turning on the headlights to flush any residual charge, then refitting the earth lead and starting the car clears the sub tank error light.

Next I'll be looking into how to check the error codes.
    Last edited by Cremulator; 28th January 2020 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Added info

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fuse 24 - 7.5 amp

Amongst other things it is the Battery supply to the Sub Tank Poota.

Pulling it should reset the Poota and next time you turn the ignition on the Poota will do a self test.
    If there is fuel in the sub and the main is not full after a minute or so if there is no fault then no warning light and all is good... if there is still a fault the warning light will illuminate and the pump will stop.

Checking the codes is a good idea... helps pinpoint the area that the Poota thinks is faulty.

I ran after market pumps etc in my last two patrols so working on memory for factory setups... aplos if anything I have said is wrong
    Last edited by the evil twin; 29th January 2020 at 04:46 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (29th January 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok, I've been pulling fuse #27 labelled sub tank, I'll try that fuse #24 you mentioned.
    Cheers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

the evil twin (29th January 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling fuse #24 worked to reset the sub tank warning light. It also resets the odometer, which I was hoping to avoid, but it's certainly easier than removing the negative battery cable.
    Cheers for the tip!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

the evil twin (31st January 2020)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha my patrol does the same thing and scares the 💩 out of me everytime without a doubt 😂😂

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12