Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1989 non turbo swb MAV specs

Hi to all
    I'm interested in what KWatts the TD 42 gets (Non turbo) , Now I seen on the internet a fig of 85kws , I'm Not sure but I believe it's a Fly wheel measurement , Not the back wheels , So u loss approx 1/3 thru the Trans line , So a 1/3 of 85 is 28KWs less , SO at the wheel = 57KWs , Does this sound right????

Thanks for any replies

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,317 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard mate!
    I believe most motor companies only quote their flywheel power as it sounds so much nicer maybe and chosen gear ratio difference (A/T-M/T-Diffs etc..) will all alter end results too.
    A dyno tester once told me IIRC that tyre choice on a test sucks an even greater amount away than driveline losses.
    Chunkier mud terrains and the like apparently create huge friction over the rollers convex shape that may not be real world accurate such as booting it along flat roads.
    When you get a chance pop over to the introduction section and say G’day to the NP.com.au crew, great folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks MB
    I had my MAV dyno tested about a weeks ago , initial test 50kw, then a very small fuel /air mixture adjustment got me 55.7 kws , yes I'm running 33's , probably 31 would get 57 plus , My Mav's done 425000, Just replaced the clutch( was down to the rivets ) , the fuel pump and injectors replaced injector 180,000 ago , the pump was rebuild 200,000 ago

So I'm pretty happy with how she traveling looking at Towing a camper trailer,

I can't overtake , so pulling a ton and ahalf , is going to be a problem

turbo seems my only option any thoughts (probably sell it and get something that can pull)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to robert57 For This Useful Post:

MB (3rd September 2019)