My back continues to give me grief, exacerbated I believe by camp chairs & standard GU seats. When travelling full time & these are the only seats we have it is not good news. Neither have lumbar support & both lack useful adjustment. Both encourage, for me at least, a hunched sitting position.

I have been unable to find any camp chairs which are 'orthopaedically' designed (amazing given the number of oldies who travel for long periods) & have once again started to seriously consider aftermarket suspension seats for the car. This was brought to the fore after recently sitting in a Toyota Troopie fitted with Stratos LTSS3000 seats, the owner reckoned they were probably the best thing he had added to his highly modified remote travel vehicle & the moment I sat in in the drivers seat they just felt 'right'. The air adjustable lumbar support almost made me want to kiss his seat! Only almost you should note - I'm not a pervert!

Wife suffers hip pain on longer drives, especially over corrugations, so 2 seats are needed.

Anyhow, we are thinking we might try to get a pair when we reach Cairns, before we go up the Cape .............. but here is the question to anyone who knows. If we get them fitted with the approved fitting kits a)will they need to then be 'engineer approved' given there are no airbag issues in the DX ute & b) if so is this likely to be possible when being fitted interstate (ie.In Queensland to a Victorian registered car)?

We will continue to be in & out of service areas so if I don't acknowledge your reply, thanks in advance.

Regards
Cuppa (Currently in Boroloola, NT)