Thread: Fitting extractors to a GQ Patrol TB42S carby

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fitting extractors to a GQ Patrol TB42S carby

Gday. I’m about to fit some Pacemaker extractors (PH9505) to my 1991 GQ. It’s a TB42S carby running the factory air filter box and intake pipe, including the heat pipe that comes off the extractors and connects to a box under the intake piping.
    It’s also running the factory coil, ceramic ballast etc. I don’t want to change any of this, but i have a few questions before i fit the extractors:

1) What will happen when i remove the heat pipe that runs into the bottom of the air intake pipe, as the Pacemaker extractors don’t have a provision to refit it? How will it affect how the Patrol runs after?

2) There is a small thin flat earth lead that runs off the mounting bolt for the coil that earths on the factory heat shield that covers the factory exhaust manifold. How will i relocate this so I don’t have any issues with the coil not being earthed after the extractors are fitted?

Any help is much appreciated as I’ve just got the GQ running properly and reliably after ignition system issues. Thanks in advance 👍🏼

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the heat pipe it is there just to help the engine get to NOT (Nominal Operating Temperature) as quickly as possible and may be an EGR thing the NOT is only for longevity and with Australian conditions and today's vehicle life that is'nt a real issue,and for the earth lead you can extend it and put it undeneath one of the exhaust bolts or any other good earth location or if you are worried that extending might cause problems the get some one to weld a 10 mm but on to the exhaust and attach the earth back in to the same location