Thread: iPad Mapping setup

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    put the nut so it rest on the base of the compartment and it wont move at all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blokes,
    If you're looking for good iPad/phone holders, google either click-on or the online store : hold my phone.
    Great phone and tablet cradles that fit into the dash (without screws) and give a strong mounting point. I have been using their kit for a while and it's good. Their service is great too and based in Melbourne.
    Just about to place an order with them for an iPad mount in the GQ.
    Cheers,
    Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar set up to mine MT

Tap, Tap Taparoo
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to fit it properly imo is screw I don't trust suction one bit , those mounts are more expensive than ram mounts and look plastic have you tried them yet drew?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same as MM, go a screw in set up. suction / tape just doesn't hold stable enough offroad
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have, I have used them in various road cars and have fitted one in my company Territory.
    They are very good. I'm yet to fit one to the Q (on order) but very confident about the strength.
    They are certainly expensive bits of plastic but as so often in this game you get what you pay for.....
    Cheers,
    Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

MudMap (2nd October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    adding here for future searches

Saw this link elsewhere and thought it would be helpful here

hema-4wd-maps-app---what-ipad-models-does-the-hema-4wd-australia-app-run-on
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (28th December 2013)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone tell me how to upload a digital map to the Hema Maps App on an iPad?

Is this done via iTunes somehow?

Also, has anyone had any experience using the EOTopo 200K map series? Starting to see a bit being written about them now.

Sorry, I should explain that a bit further - if I have a compatible map on my laptop, how do I get it onto the iPad.
    Last edited by FNQGU; 28th December 2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: further info
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, use iTunes to import the file.
    Have a search for my tutorial because I think I cover it in the thread, or at least have a link to the instructions on how to do it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345