Morning All,

First time poster here. Looking for some advice from you all on my next steps for my NISSAN Patrol DX Wagon.

In summary, I live in Perth, the Patrol is a 2002 model and needed towing yesterday with the diagnosis being a new fuel pump and some other bits and pieces with total cost around $4k to repair. I don’t think I will repair it as the car is becoming to unreliable and it’s time for me to retire it for a few reasons:

1. The car has a significant amount of rust around the body. I don’t wish to pay to have it cut out and repainted.
2. The sub tank light pump also needs replacing and won’t transfer between tanks (confirmed pump is the issue).
3. The central locking was stopped working.

On the plus side of benefits:
1. It now has a brand new clutch and master slave put in four months ago $3,800 worth (old one died).
2. It had the engine completely reconditioned 4 years ago ($10k job) as old engine died. It had 250,000km at the time and has done another 100,000km with the new engine;
3. It had a Steinboer Turbo chip put in with the reconditioned engine.
4. It has a winch, lift kit, 5 reasonably new tyres, arb diff lock, Inbuilt air compressor etc.

I don’t think I can get much money for it when it’s not working. Should I try to sell as is, or get a scrap yard to give me some money for it. Any advice please.

Many thanks
John