Thread: 1998 Patrol TB45E TPS wiring problem

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb 1998 Patrol TB45E TPS wiring problem

Hello guys I am new member I am helping my grandpa to get the car back in shape we own our 1998 nissan patrol TB45E 4SP AT since 1998 I replaced a faulty tps but it has wire problem I depinned 3 wires and connect only 2 exept middle without wire on the middle pin tps reads as it should when adjusting it can go 0.10v-0.85 and if set to 0.50v closed thottle it will go to 4.25v WOT but here is the problem when I connect the middle white wire and read from it connected voltage reads go off down to 0.05-0.17v so its aparent that the problem is in that wire if anybody can post tb45e tps wiring to help I've been searching it for a week now and finding tb45e wiring is next to impossible as its a rare engine
    car wont rev more than 3000rpm in D in 2 and 1 it will rev to max but not in D and if you are cruising 100kmh and push pedal 100% it wont kick down

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 613 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The white middle wire is the signal that goes to the ECU. It has an earth shield around it so check if the wire hasn't been damaged somewhere and is possibly touching the inner signal wire.
    You should be able to check with a multimeter. If there's an issue there, you could simply run a normal without shield. It works just as well..

This overall wiring diagram might help. bottom RH corner shows the TPS with shielded wire.

Screen Shot 08-27-19 at 08.09 AM.PNG
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jff45 For This Useful Post:

04OFF (27th August 2019), mudnut (27th August 2019)