0458 406 236
    0438 766 697

Campsite or venue bookings

Email: wendy@scenicrimadventurepark.com.au

General/competition or Media enquiries

Email contact@scenicrimadventurepark.com.au

Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 31st July 2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: New Address
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem with the Scenic Rim park was that when we went out for the first time the lady who was there taking the money get going on about as there was only one car we had to stay on the easy tracks.

We sort of wanted to eave after that.

She didn't look at the car or ask about the mods or experience just that we had to stay on the easy tracks only.

I mean, we had a locked, raised GQ with aggresive mud terrains and all of our own recovery gear and between the two of us have been on the rough stuff from the cape to the simpson desert to Tasmania and a whoe heap inbetween not including spending nearly every long weekend and public holiday at Landcruiser park.

We would have understood if she said, hey look these are the easy tracks if you want to look around without getting in trouble but be carefull on these others as we charge $xxx to get you out if you are stuck.

We just smiled and nodded and drove off and once out of sight found some of the extreme tracks and had some fun.

I can understand it is their property and we are guests but I am nt paying to drive on a dirt road and look at the trees.

From what I saw LandCruiser park is still better by a longshot.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydog16 View Post
    The only problem with the Scenic Rim park was that when we went out for the first time the lady who was there taking the money get going on about as there was only one car we had to stay on the easy tracks.

We sort of wanted to eave after that.

She didn't look at the car or ask about the mods or experience just that we had to stay on the easy tracks only.

I mean, we had a locked, raised GQ with aggresive mud terrains and all of our own recovery gear and between the two of us have been on the rough stuff from the cape to the simpson desert to Tasmania and a whoe heap inbetween not including spending nearly every long weekend and public holiday at Landcruiser park.

We would have understood if she said, hey look these are the easy tracks if you want to look around without getting in trouble but be carefull on these others as we charge $xxx to get you out if you are stuck.

We just smiled and nodded and drove off and once out of sight found some of the extreme tracks and had some fun.

I can understand it is their property and we are guests but I am nt paying to drive on a dirt road and look at the trees.

From what I saw LandCruiser park is still better by a longshot.

Just my 2 cents worth.

While i agree LCMP is better overall, Scenic Rim is a place i visit more often, due to the fact i can save 4 hrs driving (2h each way) on a day trip, so not only more time to play, but less fuel, and so all round works out cheaper, also a shorter tow truck drive should i need one (not that i ever do,ha-ha)

Ive also cursed and hated the place on my early trips for my own reasons, and i can fully understand what you are saying as you describe your dissapointment on your fist trip.

What you perhaps have not taken into concideration, is the fact that the park owners (or any business owners these days) are constantly attempting to avoid the chance of litigation, due to some clown not taking resposibility for their own actions.

Just because a 4x4 rig is very capable, does not mean the driver is, sure they can ask if you can drive ok, but how many people will admit they are not very good at driving, in fact a good rig with a bad driver could get into even more dangerous trouble than a stocko.

I think the owners will know the experienced guys will go anywhere they feel comfortable anyway, and to be honest, the way the maps and signs were when i started going there, you just threw the map on the floor in frustration, and explored your own tracks, i think telling you to stick to the easy tracks is good policy for the majority, so that way if you dont follow instructions and damage or roll your car, the owners are not liable.

After you have been a couple of times and they see you are not a clown, i bet they wont tell you anything !
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scenic Rim 4x4 park owners are moving, and are going to open at a new location, City View 4x4 park owners (who have the 4x4 park next door) will be taking over the running of the land, so we can still play there.

So basicly we will have a new Park not to far away, and still retain usage of most of the old one (under a different name), whats not to love !

More info..

http://www.scenicrimadventurepark.com.au/news
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (3rd June 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update Steve

damn I wish I had something like that here in Sydney.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This new park sounds good. Will have to check it out shortly.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone been yet???????????????
    1998 GU TI LS1

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heading out there this coming Sunday 22nd July to check it out. (Weather permitting) Going with a new other AT cars so should be interesting. Looking at it for camping possibilities as LCMP is 3.5 Hours away.
    Scotty B | Take it Off Road or Take it Back
    3.0L GUIV 2005 - TIG Welded Intercooler, NADS, Redarc Dual Battery, Additional rear power socket, 2" Lift (Ironman constant load foam cell), Electronic Trailer Brake Controller, Steel Bullbar, 12,000lb Winch, UHF

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have been to scenic, cruiser, janowen hills, the springs and manar park. Dont think ill be going back to scenic anytime soon as I was treating very poorly when i needed a hand with a recovery. Cruiser is ok its a big park and you tend to do a lot of driving to get to the tracks and after the floods there isnt a lot left and track maintennance isnt high on their priorities. Janowen is a good all round park nice facilities and the owners are very easy to talk about (even joked with them about "borrowing" their comp truck. Manar park is massive and has a huge variety of tracks with some absolute extreme tracks but with the distance is much better suited to an extended trip. My favourite place though is The Springs 4x4 park just outside of warwick. Great park plenty of tracks and not a huge distance to travel the owners get amongst it doing beer oclock hill in the arvo and a night run at night, they also do catering and are a joy to talk too. This is just my 2c

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second that. The springs isnt big but lots of fun and the owners are very freindly. And not to far away. It also doesn't get affected by the weather as much as lcmp or scenic rim. It is not as slippery as the others and generally if it is raining on the coast it is usally fairly dry there.
    GQ Snorkle Lockers front n rear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast