OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Struggling to fit an ARB deluxe winch bar on my Ford maverick.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Struggling to fit an ARB deluxe winch bar on my Ford maverick.

Aight. So I purchase this bull bar from a wrecker. Get home, everything is going well. I remove the stock front bumper and install the chassis rail inserts for the ARB bull bar, I then get the bar on the chassis rails and here comes the problem. I found a PDF file on how to install the bar, but i'm not sure if i need to lift the bar up and elevate it in order to install it or just leave it at a slant? Anyone with some advice or tips on how they installed their bars would really be helpful. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it will be rolled forward just with the weight of the bar. you should be able to lift the front and straighten it then tighten it up. No manual alignment should be needed. If you worried you could pack the front with washers like the GU but it should just bolt up.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BaileyMaverickGQ (21st August 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went thru this 2 weeks ago. The bar had been on the vehicle for 15 yrs, took it off then it would not go back on. What I found was the chassis rails had flared a little after the bar was removed from the rails. I could see a slight mushrooming around the actual bolt holes. I simply took a grinder with a flap disk and knocked the top off the protrusions. The bar must go on exactly square or it jams. You can be sure it will fit unless its been given a hit or a pull at the wreckers. Its a PIA job, but it should slide on. You could also smear a little grease on the rails and ensure the surfaces are free from dirt and mud

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

BaileyMaverickGQ (21st August 2019)