Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GQ body weld and cut??

Gday,
    Ive pulled apart pretty much the entire interior except for the dash board from my gq patrol 92, cleaned the carpet, new wires for the new sound system, removing any rust, rust proofing the floor/cavity etc etc.
    when i removed the carpet i noticed a long mark across the body floor , not welding exactly but right near the spot welding marks. it runs on the floor near the pillar (pillar between front and rear door). its seems to be made from that weird chewing gum material. ive seen it on other sedans ive worked on but just became concerned as its across the body...im worried if its a cut and weld mark..... does anyone have the same mark on theirs.....im sure plenty of people have pulled apart their interiors...anyone notice anything like this.???????
    my phones crap so its nearly possible to upload pics however i have uploaded this (picture was for progress not intended to show the weld mark
    - but you can see it on the top left)
    ill appreciate any help on this.
    thanks in advance
    WP_20190817_14_22_06_Pro.jpg
    kind regards
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Phil, I assume you are talking about the Seem Sealer line? I assume it is just the join in teh floor sections? I cant remember if mine has it but it does not look out of place and looks factory. That floor pan looks sparkling clean too by the way. Time for some Sound Deadener.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh sweet thanks man
    i actually hate sound deadener. ive used it before and pulled apart interiors that had them and the after math is this sticky disgusting .....well...vegemite stain. so i just put sound/heat insulation closed cell foam and stuck it right onto the back of the felt that way if i ever have to remove it again i wouldnt have to go through knee deep vegemite mud XD
    i sprayed it with rust inhibitor btw....way after that pic was taken.

yea i thought it was factory but then i figured why would they do that right down the middle espiecally that theres a few splotches next to it like its been painted with that "sealer"...wouldn't they have 1 sheet available...hence my question.
    thanks MudRunnerTD- i appreciate it