Thread: Barn Door Strut on Nissan GU 2007 onwards

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barn Door Strut on Nissan GU 2007 onwards

I read a bit out this modification to the small Barn Door by adding a gas strut to assist in opening and looked at a few video's and it looks simple enough to do. But I've been told that I may have to modify the rear bumper to allow it to fit? All the info I can find is on the earlier patrols and the have a different rear bumper.

Has anyone done this modification to their Nissan GU 2007 onwards with the standard rear bumper? Was their any modification required to fit the strut?

Any info and/or pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you got it sorted, but it should fit no problems, one of the best things I've done to my 2000 GU, get a cheap shock from bunnings, comes with all you need.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, I actually thought of this this mod over 10 years ago, (i first posted it on Outerlimits 4x4) i wish i had a buck for everyone that copied it since lol, nice to see people are still wanting to do it all these years later, yes it should work fine on the later model bars no worries.

BTW, The original one (on my old GU) still works mint after all these years too
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>